“Cheap fly”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Wizz is very cheap, but not bad to use. Narrow seats that for me is a problem. I'm 192cm hight and 90kg.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Having booked for a certain flight departure time the confirmation and itinerary arrive about a month later to confirm that instead of 8.00 am we are now leaving at 9.00 pm. Not a great deal to worry about but it means we will arrive at our final destination at about 2 in the morning.

We had some trouble with the booking on the Wizzair website - it kept crashing but still took our money without any sort of acknowledgement for a few weeks.
Then, when I called customer "service" ( at £1.10 per minute....) I was told that it was my fault and that I would have to complain to get any sort of help or pay to change the flight back to the original where, curiously, the same three seats have miraculously become available. The only problem with complaining is that it takes thirty days to get a reply and we are travelling next week. Marvellous.

The cost of changing the flight would more than double the cost of the trip especially with the €35 fee to change, which is all done by the passenger themselves online, so at no cost whatsoever to the airline.

Makes Ryanair look good at looking after problems. Surely that's not possible

1  Thank Tony L
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I have used Wizz air on multiple occassions. Beware of IT glitches with the website. I had two issues with their website in the past year.

First issue occured during payment process - I used my girlfriends card for payment, and the website changed the passenger from me to her. Speaking to programmer at work this can happen if the cookies on the website are poorly configured. Needless to say, I received no explanation from the airline, and no compensation.

Second issue also occurred during checkout process - their payment plugin was not sending transation request to the banks. Having tried one personal credit card, one business credit card, and one personal debit card I had no luck. The chances of three different cards, issued by three different banks from two different countries all declining transactions? I called one of the banks (Monzo) and they confirmed that none of the transactions requests were being submitted to them. Next morning though, behold, it worked first time, but the flight fare was notably higher. Again, no attempt at explaining what went wrong and of course, no compensation despite having print screens available.

To sum it up - great value, but pray nothing goes wrong during checkout process. If it does, forget about getting compensated.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

booked a flight with this company to Slovenia for super cheap. Was pleasantly surprised. seats seemed less cramp than other low cost airlines and staff were friendly. plane was on time, would fly them again over Ryanair and easyjet

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I had been invited to meet old acquaintances in a Balkan country in late august,and finding it difficult to get good connecting flights. I had almost booked when I came on an advert which said that a new airline Wizz air would be operating directly in July to our destination, what a relief! I had never travelled on this airline before so I did some research, and finally booked.
This is a budget airline, but what struck me during the booking was the generous luggage allowance of 32Kgs ( you have to pay for it of course!) but it does come in handy. Booking online was simple and the various reminders we received prior to the respective flights were good and timely. The flight was good with a generous legroom unlike a certain Irish airline, but the seats have a fixed back. Staff were competent, nothing free is served on board, but there is a limited selection that you have to pay for. Flights were also on time.

1  Thank anzjan