“Easy Travelling with a Smile”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Over the years, WestJet has become my preferred airline for travel. They are generally efficient, helpful and clean. The seats are also reasonably roomy (I'm 6'3 235 lbs) compared to some other airlines.

They are a value oriented airline, which is fine... I'm not on the plane for the food. The service is well above par compared to other airlines in that price range. As with most airlines, WestJet charges for checked bags. If you are a light traveller with an MLC bag that won't be an issue.

Our last flight to Portland from Toronto (through Calgary) was a breeze. Even the smaller Q400 prop plane for the second leg was comfortable. We left Ontario in the early morning, and thanks to the time change we were on the Pacific coast by mid afternoon ( including a scenic 2 hour rental car drive). And for the record, the Pacific Coast of Oregon is absolutely fantastic.

Date of travel: September 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (15,524)

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Flying with Westjet on our recent vacation was a great start and end to the trip. We chose to upgrade to premium and in my opinion it was well worth it. Having the extra room and only the 2 seats made the flight extremely pleasurable. Also being given the flexibility to check two bags each made the packing much easier. I always take my scuba gear and end up having to pay for the extra bag. No problem flying premium.
The food served to us was delicious, and the service received from the flight attendants was great.
My last review while flying economy may still stand but the premium experience is simply fantastic.

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2019

flight was very good hotel was discusting. The staff at the hotel were very rude the room was not clean there were no water bottles for coffee, no coffee and no toilet paper this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at. The Hotel was LAS AMERICAS.... DONT STAY THERE

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2019

Summer flight to visit our son in Calgary my wife and I flew Westjet for the first but not the last time. we found the staff polite and approachable both on and off the aircraft and helpful with things like making sure we had the ETA completed and went to do that on the Canadian Government website site not the private ones CAN$7 instead of CAN $65 each! It wasn't plush but it wasn't basic either. We will be using them again

Date of travel: June 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2019

Abbotsford > Calgary > Toronto and same for return. Living in Fraser Valley it’s much easier out of Abbotsford airport versus driving in to Vancouver. Much cheaper for parking as well. Airport is small so no long waits at security or waiting for your baggage to arrive. WestJet staff at check-in are very helpful. In flight, the attendants are most hospitable and friendly. I’ve flown on many airlines and it’s the WestJet staff that make the difference.

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.