“Great experience flying with WestJet”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I didn't know you could review airlines in TripAdvisor.
Below is a copy/paste of the section of the review I left on the hotel review...

****
We flew with Westjet and I have no complaints.

Flights were on time each way (in fact, we arrived 30 minutes earlier on the way back).

Crew was great (Westjet is known for that) and we saw them going way and above trying to please the passengers. No free meal, but coke products, water, juice and coffee were available free of charge, as well as pretzels and cookies. You could buy some hot food options, around CAN 8.00 or CAN 9.00.

If flying with them, make sure you download their app on your cell phone as there are no TVs on the seats. By using the app, you can connect to their network on board and watch free movies and TV series (decent selection). Ensure you take ear buds with you as they are costly on the plane.

As a reminder, you can book your seats for free 24 hours prior to the flight for free. We had no issues to sit the families together.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,151)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Disneyland. The flight was on time. The crew was excellent. We had a very smooth flight and landing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't have many bad things to say about Westjet except it seems like every time I fly with them there is a delay of some sort or the flight has changed.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I missed my connection flight to st. Johns by 2 min. I could still see the f.. plane!
The boarding lady had an bad attitude and i found out that they had booked my seat and the other 5 people that also lost the flight.

I will never try/fly with them!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tried to fly from Victoria to Maui via Vancouver. The flight arriving in Victoria was late causing a calamity of events to follow, of which Westjet won't accept the indirect responsibility for any. They held the plane for the Vegas travelers, but wouldn't hold the plane for Hawaii travelers. I emailed and complained about all of the resulting incidents, and they "respectfully declined" to provide even a discount for future travel.

I'm only giving the recommendation a 5 (neutral) cuz it's not like we Canadian's have many options.