“Short hop across the pond.”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We left on time, arrived ahead of schedule, seats were comfortable and service was adequate. No complaints! Immigration at Gatwick was another story, definitely in need of more staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,916)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have flown WestJet since it’s inception and loved the airline. In the last few years the care and attention to detail along with attitudes have digressed. Today I got to the front desk and my prepaid and pre booked emergency exit row seats were sold off. I’m 6’4” and book ahead for a very specific reason. If I didn’t look at the boarding pass I’d have never known until too late. The attitude of the agent was unacceptable for any client status!!! The lack of notification on behalf of westjet was also unacceptable

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've flown transatlantic 5 times with different airlines in the last 18 mths. Pros and cons of this Westjet transatlantic night flight in economy:-

+ Great price
+ on time
+ friendly staff
+ good check in at Toronto
+ not sure whether to list as positive or negative...for me more negative - an entertainment system with I think movies etc but only if you brought your own tablet and downloaded the westjet app before the flight. So no screen in front of you provided by the airline.

- uncomfortable seat. I folded up a jumper behind me to give some lumbar support. However the headrest did rise up and down and could be folded to give head support, a plus.
- It felt like the air conditioning was switched on at night! freezing...and blankets were only available if you bought them. Make sure you have a winter coat with you.
- No screen in front of you so you can't follow a flight tracker if like me you like to know where you are.
- Complementary drinks were served 2 hrs before arrival...just as everyone had finally dozed off, and even if the last thing you wanted was a coffee, the lights were switched on so almost everybody had a bad night.

So please Westjet upgrade your old sagging seats, don't freeze people at night and let them sleep if they want to! But having said all that, thanks for an otherwise good experience at a very reasonable price.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The announcement was, "The bathroom at the front of the plane is reserved for Plus seating guests (max of 12)." The 2 bathrooms at the rear of the plane are for the remaining 120 guests.

People seating in rows 4+ could not get to the back of the plane because of the beverage cart and were refused access to the front washroom even though it was empty.

Imagine someone with a child being refused access to an available washroom.

Westjet has lost it's shadow!

Westjet has become a terrible airline.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friends have told me they don’t like WestJet because they’re “too happy”.
Well I’ll take happy over stoic Air Canada any day. Forgive them for loving the company they work for.
We upgraded to WestJet Plys at check-in which is always the way to go. $120 got each of us a bigger seat, ample leg room, an attentive flight attendant designated to only 12 passengers, all the drinks we wanted, and surprisingly good food (for airline food) I had the chicken pad Thai on the way home from Cancun and thought it was pretty close to real pad Thai for being served at 37,000 feet.
Looking forward to the smiling faces of WestJet once they have outfitted all their planes with the new Premium class. Because economy is no way to travel ... on any airline.