“Always a good choice”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The staff on the ground and into the air all seem to be in a good mood and actually wanting you to be flying with them. Always courteous and professional! Way to go WestJet!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,431)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

It all began at check in where we discovered we were not even seated together for the 5+ hour flight to our honeymoon destination which was quite upsetting, we were told by check in staff that as the flight was full we could ask passengers to kindly move so we could sit together - so we were preparing ourselves already for dissapointment.

While waiting in the departure lounge for the boarding call, a message went out over the loudspeaker multiple times about the shortage of overhead space for carry on luggage on this flight so my new husband and i took the initiative to stand up front so as to not miss out. My name was then called shortly after and due to a booking error, a few families had also not been seated together which left kids un-supervised and they wanted to trade my seat which as i was sitting away from my husband already, i didnt mind as they might be able to seat us together. The plane proceeded to board and we waited and waited as check in staff moved everyone around. As the last few people boarded the family in front of us finally got their tickets and went through the gate, we then asked the check in attendant what our new seats were and were told they hadn't changed - meaning we could have been seated AGES ago and secured over head space for our carry on. As we walked on the plane we received filthy looks from passengers for holding up the flight, and all the overhead compartments at the rear of the plane (where our seats were) were closed so we threw our bags into the first one available. Only to be told when we neared our seats that all the closed compartments were empty and we could have placed our bags closer. Thankfully the couple i was seated next too were happy to shuffle along so that i could at least have an aisle between me and my husband. During the flight the staff were rude and gave off the impression they did not want to be there at all. By far the worst check in and flight experience i have had to date - will not be flying with WestJet again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We flew from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 14 after a cruise ship tour.
A crew member Alexa was so awesome. It's like the plane was her living room and we were her guest. She flew with another airline crew who happened to be her daughter and my gosh this woman was just amazingly funny and made our trip comfy. Typical of West jet that's why I will not fly any other plane. Row after row, she smiled and laughed and showed some pictures of her family members who are all airline people. She served our food and was just too eager to help out. Alexa is kind of Westjet crew I've always met in may of my Westjet flight.

HOWEVER, in contrast, a crew guy named Ruben was amazingly rude, obnoxious and disrespectful. He complained a lot within our ear shot in the last row of Seat Plus that there were so many people coughing that he was getting worried to catch " whatever diseases these " whites" have. Ruben told one woman to go back to her seat as he was still distributing food and the aisles can't "fit her in with the tray"..
After he was finished in the aisles, he didn't tell the woman she could go to the back washroom. There was only one washroom in flight 1233; because someone clogged the washroom in front. captain Christina, the pilot also used the back washroom and there was no choice; the passengers understood what happened but Ruben was condescending and perhaps worked too long for Westjet. He was laud and loud.. He was so happy the other crew member- Lisa, allowed him to speak on the microphone a few minutes before landing in Toronto. These were his words:
"Somebody asked if we are gonna give customs card. No more we don't do that no more. Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to remind you to declare everything and I mean everything because if you are out of Canada for two weeks, they will not believe you. You have to declare, wine, whatever- gold.. because you will get arrested. Thank you."
A man put his garbage on Ruben's bag but missed and it drop on the floor. Ruben loudly said, "can you pick up your garbage!"

I was surprised to find an arrogant crew in Westjet. I pay a lot of money to get to Westjet. The food was not great. If you take one plane the food's the same throughout so bring your own Subway sandwich and have your own bag for your garbage or don't eat at all. But the crew and the rest of whatever its name implied is what I'm paying for but to pay for an expensive fee for some Ruben to get my money? No way...

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We really enjoy using westjet . The staff in premium economy were fantastic on the 8pm flight out of Toronto Sunday .always polite and always helpful . Well done west jet

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I recently traveled via WestJet Vacations to Varadero, Cuba. I specifically want to commend the WestJet staff member Israel who visited us at ROC Arenas Doradas for the kindness he showed in making sure that my travel companion and I had all the information we needed to make good decisions about our vacation.

I'd like to commend WestJet Vacations also for making the "VIP" package available for our return flight. It made a huge difference to our enjoyment of a long day of travel.

WestJet, you're my airline of first choice!!

• Food and Beverage