“direct flight from Canada to England”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We booked this flight so we did not have to change planes in eastern Canada and to make our travel time shorter. It is almost 9 hours and overnight which is not great if you have trouble sleeping or a crying baby across from you (which we did). The seats were no more uncomfortable than any other economy seats we have sat in. We sat in seats just behind the premium economy, so had more leg room than other seats behind us.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,829)

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Ladies, if you are pregnant and want to be harassed by a crew member, select WestJet Airlines. Gentlemen, if your loved one is pregnant and wish to witness her being harassed, select WestJet Airlines. I wish I could say I received a terrible service but instead what I received was a hostile crew member whose body language was extremely aggressive to a point I almost dialled 911. I'm 6 months pregnant and she kept demanding for an apology because I refused to immediately enter the plane after my boarding pass was scanned. I was simply waiting for my husband in the line. She barked at me: "keep it moving, go now! the door is closing". I believed she was stressed because the plane was delayed an hour. I stood my ground and said "I will move when my husband is with me". She chased us into the plane and screamed that this plane wouldn't move unless I gave her an apology. I promise you she was crazy. I told her I didn't want to speak to her. A few minutes later, another crew member stepped in and told her "off", to which the captain was awaiting to listen to the situation. However, she continued to scream, which it proved my point. She was ordered off the plane and could not attend to her crew member responsibilities as scheduled. How embarrassing for a crew member not to be able to board. -My review is on Skytrax, a site where a boarding pass is required and review is subject to verification.-

This makes me question WestJet overall. How do supervisors hire? How do they train? Do they constantly review new employees? Does each employee understand the guidelines and ethics? Do the shareholders of WestJet understand that it takes 1 bad apple to ruin an entire reputation? Does WestJet understand that they are currently not in the best standing amongst other airlines? I have contacted CBC Vancouver and Calgary, to which I hope this publicity raises awareness for the top leaders responsible for enforcing guidelines.

3  Thank AgainstHarassment
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Took Westjet for a trip to Vancouver via Toronto. All four flights had different degrees of delays, otherwise the whole journey is quite pleasurable. Staff is courteous. Legroom is sufficient for some stretching and seats are pretty comfortable. Got upgraded to premium economy on one flight but didn't find much difference from the ordinary one. In general I would recommend this airline.

1  Thank Leon L
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Always fly WestJet. We have had good service from this provider. When planning a trip anywhere will always check out WestJet first and almost always fly with them.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank BRENDA H
Reviewed 11 December 2017

A quick 80 minute flight over the hill was fast, comfortable and with excellent service. Staff from checking to arrivals in Vancouver were great. Helped us with on on going flights. Always been a pleasure since Canadian airlines

1  Thank stewart4708