“A little better than expected”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've had poor experiences in Vueling befire, but their flight times and routes made us try them again. On board staff very good, but ground crew poor. Flight left very late; usually squeeze into small seats and over-priced mediocre refreshments.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,609)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A320, flown in these many times but first with Vueling.

Had to bus it to the plane at Barcelona and walk in the rain to the ramp at Birmingham but neither of these would lower my rating, but might suggest Vueling on this route at least doesn't give you the best options.

On board, we had priority seating and a dedicated overhead locker for 6 seats which was good and I thought worth the value. The seats were comfortable and the staff friendly enough. We didn't buy anything but the food smelled good so might be tempted if we go Vueling again.

The overall flight price was ok, cheaper than Ryanair but probably £80-£90 a seat including priority.

The problem came after take off, which was smooth and very punchy, the pilot took a steep route and turned over the sea quickly and then climbed very high very fast - I assume to cross the Pyrenees... The change of pressure was very uncomfortable and I ended up holding my head a few times. After that I slept a little but simply didn't enjoy the flight in that my head remained uncomfortable until we were on approach to Birmingham, hence I believe it was cabin pressure related. Note I've flown a fair bit and never experienced this before. Whether I'd have it again with Vueling I can't say. But normally I like flying, and this is the first flight I just wanted over.

Overall, I much prefer Vueling to Ryanair, but would probably choose Iberia or BA if I had the choice and option. I'd give Vueling another go and conditionally recommend them.

One last thing, our plane was painted to celebrate Disneyland Paris 25th and had Tinkerbell on the front, so maybe the extra punch our flight seemed to have was pixie dust!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely nothing to complain with the cabin crew, kind, polite, professional, but the cleaning in a vehicle that carry a huge number of people every day from everywhere it's essential. The headrest was dirty the seat same...please we are costumers not animals in a truck...."with all the respect for the animals"
This is company policy.....

1  Thank TaiJiFitness
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Terrible airline with incompetent staff. A flight only to Amsterdam was delayed by over 2 hours and made me miss my connecting flight. As a result, i was stuck in Amsterdam for 2 days and had to book a flight back to London and then reschedule flights to my final destination. I told the airline about this and they did not offer any sort of compensation or advise me to do anything.

Date of travel: March 2018
1  Thank isaacka95
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I choose this one for the departure times, that suited me. Good to check in well in advance, and to print the boarding passes.
Quite busy and overcrowded check in desks at Fiumicino, Rome airport. The baggage drop desk was closed when we arrived, so we had to queue in a long row for the few operative desks.
Standard very narrow seats on board.
On time at arrivals, some long waiting for the suitcases, at Orly more than at FCO.

Date of travel: March 2018