“Missing Baggage NIGHTMARE”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't like writing negative reviews however, I think it's only fair people are aware of my experience. I'm on vacation and flew Vueling on January 5th 2018 from Paris to Palermo with a connection in Barcelona. Unfortunately, the Vueling representative didn't put a baggage tag on my checked in suitcase. What happened next?
- My suitcase was left behind in Paris (as confirmed by Vueling)
- Vueling sent my suitcase to Palermo (for delivery to me in Ortigia, Sicily)
- I called the airport daily to find out the status of my suitcase
- Palermo airport told me on January 11th, that my suitcase was given to a courier for delivery.
- I called daily after that to inquire about the courier's whereabouts. After hearing lie and misleading information numerous days in a row, the airport finally admitted they had no way to follow-up with the courier
- I called Vueling on January 17th and they advised that my case was closed because THE COURIER told them they had delivered my suitcase.
- I told Vueling the delivery did not happen. They responded that they would follow up with the courier and open a police report.
- IT IS JANUARY 22 (16 days) AND STILL NO SUITCASE OR FOLLOW-UP FROM VUELING OF ANY KIND.....
- I'm basically on my own! THANKS VUELING FOR MAKING THIS A NIGHTMARE VACATION.

2  Thank ElenaE777
Write a ReviewReviews (11,019)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just a short flight but a comfi seat, on time . Staff is ok. Not much to do in a short flight. Pilot was informing us about the flight, but his English was not good enough.
We dud not understand him.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boarding card said “sold as BA” which was true as this was the return leg of an outbound BA Flight. While BA has introduced no-frills service at premium prices in their euro traveller cabin they have (so far) maintained a respectable seat pitch and a reasonably comfortable seat. Vueling have neither with a seat pitch that should be banned for cruelty to passengers and a seat harder than Lufthansa; I have had better flights in the middle of Africa. Truly poor and should not be “sold as BA” — shame on BA.

1  Thank arborfieldman
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight date January 19, 2018. The title says it all. The crew is non committal and not motivated. The cause was the fact that the crew deliberately blocked the forward lavatory for their own use. All passengers were forced to use the aft lavatories. When I addressed this to our champion Rafael, he answered as stated. He was proud to mention that he was a flight attendant for 7 years and obviously proud on his work ethic. The aft restrooms were dirty, i.e. (wet) paper on the floor, sink was blocked, soap residue overall, poo in the bowl, etc. Fortunately his colleague responded and made an effort to clean the mess. Rafael was only interested to know my seat number. The purser informed me that it was airline policy that the forward restroom was blocked when the door to the cockpit was open. This was 45 minutes after take off!? All the time the cockpit door would have been open!? We were on edge because we just finished an excellent flight in business class with Qatar from Bangkok. 1/3 of lavatory capacity was reduced to accommodate the crew. The difference in quality was so obvious, e.g. the dirty lavatories and foul attitude of the crew compared with the cleanness and professional client centric attitude of the Qatar crew. Night and day, black and white. What a nightmare was this flight with this crew! What a total disillusion.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Bernard S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My pregnant wife and I were travelling Europe last December. We were planning to from from Luton, UK to Amsterdam, NL on 18 December 2017 at 8am with flight VY8405.

Upon attempting to check-in we were declined boarding because our tickets were cancelled.

This was the circumstance:
Back when we booked the tickets, we didn't know that my wife would be pregnant in her 7th month so 2 weeks before our initial flight, we inquired whether we could be refunded for the tickets or change the destination to reduce the amount of flights. We know that our tickets wouldn't qualify for refund, but we still tried. However, we were informed that a refund isn't possible. We were further asked for a doctor's note stating that my wife wouldn't be able to fly. We informed Vueling Airlines that we have a note stated that she WILL be able to fly. This was the last, cohesive email that we received from Vueling Airlines.

Never, at any point, however, have we been informed of this prior. We were now stuck in Luton and received no assistance from Vueling Airlines as to where to stay or what flight to board to get to our destination. We called Vueling Airlines several times and spend more than 4 hours on finding out that they tried to refund us for the initial flight, but failed to relay this information to us. Consequently, we had to pay for the hotel, the food, the drinks and for the replacement flight the day after ourselves. We have since written multiple emails and conducted several phone calls only to find out how uncooperative Vueling Airlines seems to be.

We still have not been refunded for either the cancelled flight nor the extra expenses associated with the severe inconvenience. Altogether, we need to be refunded for more than $200 USD on top of a more than appropriate compensation for this grave inconvenience of my wife.

Note: In order to get to our destination, we had to schedule another flight the day after. Because we didn't have the money to afford more, we had to go with Vueling again. (See pictures attached)

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Mark1337