“The worst airline I have ever experienced”
Review of Volaris

Reviewed 5 March 2021

My flight was cancelled. There was no other possibility in the same month, all Volaris flights were cancelled, despite another airlines were still flighting. Volaris is refusing to refund money, despite it has it in Terms and Conditions, that money should be returned. After 3 weeks of communication no update in issue, only voucher for 60 days is proposed... Also another flights which can be useful for me were cancelled, probably they are scheduling false flights for collecting more money to ensure their further operations... Avoid them...

Date of travel: February 2021
2  Thank SoukyR
Write a reviewReviews (6,166)

Reviewed 4 March 2021

Volaris has been a tremendous let down since contacting them about a group of family members who have had to rearrange their flights due to my fiancé and I having to reschedule our wedding due to COVID. For context, my wedding was suppose to be in May 2020, then rescheduled to May 2021 thinking the COVID situation would be better. After reviewing government restrictions and vaccine expectations, we rescheduled our wedding a third time to August 2021. I contacted Volaris in May of 2020 and they provided me with a voucher for all 20 of my family members. THE VOUCHER WAS FOR 60 DAYS! What airline provides you with a voucher for 60 days during a pandemic? Volaris, that's who. When most airlines went above and beyond for their customers, Volaris did the opposite. When I called Volaris to change my family members tickets, they wanted to charge me roughly $250 for each person. That is more than how much the ticket cost. Their business model makes zero sense. I am shocked they have been in business as long as they have. Especially due to the way they treat their customers. AVOID THIS AIRLINE AT ALL COSTS.

Date of travel: May 2020
1  Thank maddieddl
Reviewed 4 March 2021

My husband flew from Denver to Guadalajara while in Denver they asked him to check in his carry on for free as there were too many people on the plane and so he did to help them out. When he arrived in Guadalajara someone else had taken his bag as there is nobody checking the tickets for luggage and was told to call back in 72 hours for an update. Needless to say after many phone calls, emails, and even going to the airport he returned to the US without any luggage and had to buy clothes while he was on vacation. He returned at the end of January and after many phone calls to rude employees of Volaris and many emails we still have not received our return for the valuables in that bag- they keep sending emails that they need more information and I am beginning to believe that all the information they have such as our bank account and personal information may be used in an illegal way- we were told they had everything they needed and our refund which is only a third of the value of the items in his bag was to be received in 7-21 days well on day 25 my husband called to get more rude staff and hung up on, yelled at, and told there is nothing they can do- after being hung up on he did call back and talk with someone else who again said they were waiting on the papers we had sent 30 days prior but that they hadn’t looked at them but she assured him again that they had all the papers they needed and for us to wait again for 7-21 days for it to post to our bank account. We will never fly Volaris ever again and I hope nobody else ever does it has to go through what he did and continue to daily! It’s a rip off who knows if that bag ever even made it on that flight or if someone just took it from Denver - unbelievable what they have done to us!!

Date of travel: December 2020
1  Thank Passport195544
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Not great. A little bit shady too. I booked a flight to return on March 2 and then a few days before my flight they changed without any consent my flight to the 5th. Like why? I guess at least they sent me a notification that “your flight details have changed”. What if I didn’t get that email? Ridiculous. Then I had to sign in and changed it back to the 2nd and I lost my seats that I had originally paid for and picked out. Then when I got to the airport I had to repick my seats and pay an extra 200 pesos for them, they did however apply the cost of my seats to the new ones (still had to pay 200 pesos on top of what I already paid), however, the seats weren’t as good.

Won’t be flying with them again.

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 3 March 2021

Yesterday I received a notice that my flight had been changed, which did not fit my schedule. Because Volaris has a policy that does NOT care about their patrons, I had to adjust everything and lose a day of work. I was on the phone for an hour with Henry from customer service, and he did his best to accommodate my needs, but ultimately was unable to because the company wanted to charge me a fee for changing a flight's departure location on a round trip flight that they modified to not meet my needs. I fail to see how thats a fault on my side. I appreciate all of the time Henry spent on trying to find a solution and how professional he was. However, the way Volaris demonstrates time and time again that they DO NOT CARE about its consumer, is not worth the "low prices" before all the fees they try to pile up on you.

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.