“Definitely not a virgin in providing excellent customer services”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 9 December 2019

From airport check in in Atlanta to disembarking in Manchester., the Virgin Atlantic representatives and in flight staff are a credit to this airline and go out of their way to deliver a truly customer focused experience. Having previously flown this route numerous times with USA based airlines, the contrast is amazing. Welcoming smiles, attention to detail, no abrupt "you're only a bum on a seat" that I have experienced previously, I was made to feel I was a valuable customer. I chose Premium as it was an overnight flight and was not disappointed, although, from my seat on the upper deck of a Boeing 747, I saw that economy passengers were also properly accommodated by the in flight crew too. Unlike USA airlines, the crew were very visible and attentive for the whole of the flight, not retiring behind closed curtains and making one feel like an unwelcome intruder if approaching them, or, sin of sins, pressing the call button, for a drink or snack. Indeed, a very welcome help yourself spread was available at all times during the flight, a very unique in my experiences, facility I have no hesitation in recommending Virgin Atlantic and just wish their flights were available on the other routes that I travel.

Date of travel: October 2019
1  Thank Barry H
Write a reviewReviews (15,194)

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Flight was good and service and food and drink were excellent. seats were comfortable with sufficient leg room.

Date of travel: May 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

Will not fly again with virgin while they still use 747's. these planes need replacing the tv screens are very poor. Content was good but unable to view clearly on route out and back. Service on route home practically none existent. One drink offered. That was it. Would expect more from premium economy. For what we paid it was very poor value.

Date of travel: October 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

OK - this time it was much better than last time! The flight left and arrived on time and the cabin crew were brilliant! If I have one criticism it's the seat/bed (and before anyone berates me I know how lucky I am to be able to fly business class).

The seats are either a seat or a bed. So you either have a seat which reclines slightly, or a flat and very hard bed - no middle ground. My concern with this was that, as our flight was a VERY turbulent one and my seat had been converted to a flat bed (it reminded me of those toy cars that turn into a transformer character), had we had to sit up, with seat belts fastened, feet flat on the floor, etc, it would have needed the cabin crew to go round and convert all the beds back to seats.
Fortunately I just rolled from side to side on the flat very hard bed and tried to sleep through it with my seat belt on (I know its a hard life - please don't judge me - I'm just giving feedback).
Yes its worth the extra money to fly business class if you want to sleep/rest on your return home but in terms of overall comfy-ness/convenience the business class seats on this Virgin flight were not the best.
Everything else can't be faulted - check-in smooth, food great, on board entertainment good, cabin crew great, luggage arrived home when we did, etc :-)

Date of travel: December 2019
2  Thank DAJ162
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

I recently flew to NYC with Virgin Atlantic with family and friends, the staff and cabin crew were so lovely, polite and accommodating. We had seats in economy class, but we had plenty of leg room and the food and drinks were lovely. Would definately fly again with virgin

Date of travel: November 2019
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.