“Airline food”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Airline food often gets a bad name and the sometimes cramped conditions are not always condusive towards an eating experience but now and again you get a surprise. We flew on 27th September with Virgin to Orlando and the main meal I selected was pesto pasta salad to start, Malvani chicken curry as the main, with Boursin and biscuits followed by a Gu pudding. It was excellent. (The other main choices were Toulouse sausages or a vegatarian rigatoni bake). I enjoyed every bit of it but especially the curry, not everyone’s choice on a flight. It was a nice chicken breast in tomatoes with coconut, cumin and saag, all clearly distinguishable and not just a ‘mishmash’.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,301)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We upgraded to Upper Class on our way to London, Heathrow. The cabin looks very chic but the side-by-side seating arrangement is quite strange. If you are travelling solo it might work but if you are travelling as a couple or family then be prepared to be totally detached throughout the duration of the flight. It’s kind of looks like horses in a stable with a bit of head sticking out of the privacy wall. The service also is quite confusing and unrestful, the flight staff seems to take orders for couple of passengers and then go get their drinks, instead of just taking the entire order of the cabin and then deliver the drinks. The constant frantic pacing of the flight staff makes the cabin atmosphere look very hectic and unrestful. No wonder I ended up getting a gin and tonic when I ordered a ginger ale. People want their cabin to be as quiet and peaceful as possible and this kind of service pattern makes the cabin extremely chaotic. Coming back from London to New York we flew premium. This was quite alright and the service was uniform and orderly. I want to give a shout out to flight attendant Lois who made an effort to get me a chicken entrée. Since we were at the last row of the cabin the only food option left for us was mushroom risotto and meatballs, none of which I was interested in so he went and got me a chicken dish, I appreciate that and its worth mentioning. This could also be resolved if they allow passengers to choose their entrée option (Not just for special meals) 24 hrs before when they check-in online. It would make the flight attendant job easier and the flight experience for passengers comfortable. I think if the management makes some minor changes and fine-tuning it will be quite a wonderful experience.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love to fly with Virgin Atlantic because it’s a direct flight, plenty of choice of films, food is good free drinks and cabin crew are very helpful, I always choose Virgin Atlantic.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Struggle to fly with anyone else....virgin are a fantastic airline. Our seats were roomy, entertainment was vast, food was good and plentiful to the point where we were refusing some of it as we were so full. The staff are lovely.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent service from the UK crew. They were exceptional at keeping the area clean and removing finished plates. They were extreme friendly and efficient led by Joanne and Helen. Food was also very good and I enjoyed the wine, especially the Isabella NZ. Sauvignon.
The seating set up may not alway give enough privacy especially on a night flight as you are looking at other passengers, but great during the day. The entertainment system was a little clunky compared to the best. We flew on a code share with Delta on to LA...NO lounge in Vegas?!