“Economy to Las Vegas”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I take this flight 6 times a year. I have flown Premium Economy once but I do not feel it is worth it. My Sister does. Heathrow is nearer and BA now fly direct but the Gatwick airport layout and this flight suits me. The flight now goes from the North Terminal which is fine.
Leaving about 10am and arriving at 1pm leaves time to get to the airport and although tired, so time in LV the first day.
My last flight was in January so I got 3 seats to myself outward and return. I'm about 20stone (280pounds) and find the seats comcortable for the 10h flight with adaquate legroom. I get asle seats and if someone is seated next to me I lean slightly into the asle. I know the LV ground crew so they help me when they can. When a wheelchair helper was not available then found a chair and took me. I have had a couple of issues with the Gatwick team over my wheelchair request. One over my arriving early and one about my need for a wheelchair but everything worked out OK.
We get the drinks trolly first and then a choice of three hot meals - for the most part I can get my first choice. The tray includes salad, a roll and crackers with butter and cheese and Gu dessert. The drinks trolly comes with the meal then again with tea / coffee after we have finished the meal.
During the flight they came around with a fab ice lolly then a pastie then afternoon tea of sandwich, crisps and chocolate with drinks trollys. Each crew do things slightly differently and it can depend on their reading of the passengers ready to start partying!. Some only serve alcohol from the trolly and some allow you to go to the galley for extra! You can go to the galley at anytime for soft drinks or hit the call button.
I find a good variety of films and music on the entertainment system.
The plane does not spend much time on the ground with pressure on the cleaning crew to get it ready for the next flight over many flights there have been minor issues occasionly. And with the toilets during the flight. But nothing to stop me recommending this flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,638)

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We were very lucky with the tail winds on this flight and arrived an hour earlier than scheduled. Had great service and food and felt very relaxed on arrival.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Our journey on a lovely airplane with excellent facilities was spoiled by poor food and poor service. The first contact with Virgin Atlantic at Heathrow was disappointing, the woman on the check - in point being rude and unhelpful. An air hostess, as we boarded the plane was asked whether there were seats available with extra leg room. We had booked and paid for these, but due to a system failure at the airline, our reservation had been lost. We were reimbursed for this, but were advised to ask as we boarded the plane if there were any extra leg room seats available. The air hostess concerned told us she would see what she could do when everyone was on board and seated - she never came back. Cabin crew on both outward and homebound flights seemed bored and indifferent. We understand that keeping a professional distance is essential when dealing with such large numbers of passengers, but other airlines manage to do this with some degree of friendliness. As to the food, most of it, particularly the hot food was inedible. We appreciate the difficulty of serving food in such confined spaces, but our meals, although hot, were rubbery, tasteless and poor quality in comparison to other airlines.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We traveled upper class from Manchester to Atlanta and upper class fro Barbados to Manchester.Cabin crew were great but the seats are awful,very uncomfortable and in a herringbone fashion.

1  Thank marcus c
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Third time flying with Virgin, this time in Economy but it was worth it. Flight on time, staff very friendly and attentive. Food was lovely. Seats comfortable and enough leg room. Great choices on inflight entertainment. Toilets clean and no big queues. Can't fault anything, great flight there and back. I had a wedding dress to take and the staff were more than accommodating about me taking it on the plane and hung it up in one of their wardrobes. We also paid for the V Lounge at Gatwick and it's a great way to start your trip, attentive staff and nice facilities and food.