“Damn fine airline”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Ok, I’m biased, this is my favourite airline. And with assiduous hoarding of Tesco points (yes really), plus loyalty points we got the flight for free, paying only for taxes. But although I can be pretty picky, I’d find it hard to find fault with my journey to India. We left on time, food was significantly better than I’ve had on long haul flights with other carriers, and staff were unfailingly helpfu and courteous.(take note BA, interacting with cabin crew CAN be a pleasant experience).

Write a ReviewReviews (10,530)

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

First time flying with Virgin Atlantic and I have nothing but praise for the airline & all its staff.
Great check in, no hassle boarding, staff lovely.
Great choice of entertainment especially as it’s an eight hour flight.
Continually served drinks, snacks & meals.
Hope the overnight flight back this Thursday is just as good.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 20 February 2018

First time we had flown with Atlantic and we were pleasantly surprised at every aspect of this flight. We were welcomed on board with a glass of prosecco or orange juice and a news paper.
The flight took off on time with no fuss or hold ups. The quality of the food was very good and we were very pleased to have proper glass ware, s/s cutlery and china crockery!

1  Thank Elizabethlily2
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The outbound flight two weeks previous was excellent but the return was anything but. To start with the priority boarding in Montego Bay was total confusion with the ground crew just giving up and letting everybody through. We had pre-booked seats P/E 24K & 24H upstairs on a 747, within the first 2 hours after takeoff I was feeling cold from a blast of cold air coming from behind me. I asked the cabin crew who said she would look at the cabin temperature setting for me, (nothing changed). Also when the menus were given out we had a choise of, Teriyaki beef, or Masala chicken or Stuffed aubergine and Thai red curry with my wife not liking anything spicy she had nothing to eat. While the meals were being served I asked again if the cold blast of air that was coming over my right shoulder could be sorted, the answer was they were busy serving the meals but would look into it. After the meals were cleared away the lights were switched off and
that was the last we saw of any cabin crew until 2hrs before landing. During that time I had two blankets wrapped around me but my face was freezing and the rest of my body really cold. Then to add insult to injury they served a COLD breakfast, maybe Virgin should look at TUI Dreamliner night flights more comfort better meals a lot better service in Premium economy and hot breakfasts. This is the first time I’ve flown with Virgin after flying with countless other airlines and they need to up there game to try and rival the likes of Etihad, Emirates, Qantas even BA maybe update their fleet.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Of all the airlines I’ve travelled with Virgin Airways are by far the best. Friendly, helpful staff who can’t do enough for you. Meals and drinks all included and the meals were very good.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Michael F