“Very disappointed”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Firstly, we have always booked and traveled with Virgin and generally been pleased however, we booked our next trip with Virgin Holidays to Orlando for May 2018 over a year in advance including upgrades to Premium Economy costing an extra £1000 and also chose and reserved our seats on the aircraft for both outbound and inbound flights. As this was the earlier of two flights departing on the day we booked and paid in full for a hotel at the north terminal for the night before to insure things went smoothly, or so we thought!
Virgin emailed me over the Xmas period to say the flight had been cancelled and we had been moved to the later flight, this not only meant we would get into Orlando much later but we now had a non refundable hotel booking at Gatwick we didn’t needed.
I contacted Virgin Holidays by phone and was told our seats had been reallocated and that we were now separated and sitting on our own in different rows in the aircraft! I was then told there was nothing they could do. This is a nine our flight and we had spent a considerable amount extra for the premium service, how Virgin can just split and sit family’s anywhere they choose without due consideration on the affect it will have is beyond me. I have had to cancel the trip that was booked well in advance as my wife and I do not want to fly separated especially for the extra cost, Virgin will not refund me the hotel booking at Gatwick so I’ve lost that too. My daughter has had a similar problem only they changed her flight to Cancun for July 2018 by two days and didn’t tell her at all! NOT impressed Virgin. Beware, not matter how early you book with Virgin Holidays it can all change at the last minute.

6  Thank Stephen V
Write a ReviewReviews (8,692)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Was good going day flight but coming back night flight was a bit uncomfortable
The cabin staff was wonderful ,

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first time flying Virgin Atlantic and just want to compliment them on the fantastic whole check in experience and lounge facilities at London Heathrow
Would, and have recommended this experience since returning to NZ - just wish I’d been able to continue the journey from Hong Kong to Auckland with them

2  Thank Gillian N
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I flew upper class from Hong Kong to London when my Premium Economy seat was a middle seat. I do like to have a window or isle seat. On this occasion the upgrade was£ 692.00 on special offer. I found myself with my credit card at the ready paying. It was a midnight flight and the thought of a flat bed and free champagne was a bit much to pass up!!
Really good experience, my first time in this class as I usually fly economy or premium economy. You get champagne, nightwear, good creams and eyes mask, lip balm etc in a little vanity kit. Free Vogue( always nice) I relished the flat out bed as I’m usually shuffling around in a seat. You cannot sleep in a seat, no matter what ever any one says... only irritating thing was that I had a window seat(cool) but beat to the bar. The notice of chatter from people at the bar did disturb me so if you want to sleep I would choose to be away from the bar area.

2  Thank Gayle A
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Can’t recommend this airline enough, flew on Xmas eve, got given super tasty Xmas meal and all the usual extras expected from Virgin Atlantic. The Xmas edition salt n pepper set to take away was great surprise. Staff were incredibly attentive and done with great humour even at 2am in the morning. Definitely booking this again this year.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Value for money