“Cancelled our flight!!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Nice one guys! My Virgin, extra legroom, night flight home has been cancelled tomorrow evening by you and you've arranged for us to go home with Delta. Cheers guys! I'm in NY can't get through to anyone to arrange extra legroom seats as you haven't given us like for like arrangements and am pretty pissed off before I'm even on the plane home. Very, very poor Virgin Atlantic. Not even one star for you, if i could do that!!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,338)

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Review covers both outward and return legs of this trip. Nice planes, reasonably comfortable seats (though found it very hard to sleep). Very nice food by airline economy class standards. And a shout-out and thank you to the extremely helpful Aussie check-in staff member at LAX who did his best to get us some nice seats for the long trip. We were delayed on the way out (Wednesday 4th October) due to a technical problem which meant we were late boarding, then sitting in plane on apron for quite a while. But would prefer that to a mid-flight scare!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The outgoing and incoming flights were without incident. The seating comfortable with good legroom. Very good service from the cabin crew throughout. Good menu choices and excellent television film choices.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Originally we wanted to book internal flights and chose Virgin as they code shared with Delta who flew to NC and home to LHR. Running out of time after spending 4 hours ringing Virgin twice then being told they can't access Deltas booking system we were advised to leave out the NC leg and fly home from Las Vegas which we did. After booking the flights "Guess what" our two return flights were booked with Delta?????
After being informed our LHR flight would be delayed and hour we waited another hour then another only to be told the cabin was too hot and then after another told they had to drain the fuel from the plane to repair a tank over an hour later we boarded. Virgin now say its was late in?
After the massacre in Las Vegas we prepared for our flight to JFK code shared with Delta only to receive a message saying this flight was delayed an hour. Sitting at the departure gate yet another hour plus we are allowed on board where we sat for another half an hour on a half empty plane, when asked a stroppy member of staff sarcastically said "You could be here indefinitely" Then it seems they found more passengers and the plane started to fill. We left 3 hours later than the booked departure.
Having a linking flight to LHR in JFK we asked the stewardess if she could help is with a quick exit in JFK,she said she couldn't but would make an announcement on landing asking passengers to let us past (This was never made)
We landed at 9.45 local time and our next flight was at 10.30 when the captain announced that we would be held on the taxi way. Half an hour later we arrived at the terminal and some nice passengers allowed us to the front of the plane.
Terminal 2 staff said we needed terminal 3 and organised a bus to rush us there and radioed ahead saying we were on our way. We ran to the gate with my wife falling over and was greeted by a member of staff saying your flight has gone and said she had no idea what we had to do.
We finally found the Virgin desk who informed us that we had been booked on a flight at 8.30 the next day and that they couldn't help us more.
Due to lack of sleep in Las Vegas due to the massacre the night before we were booked into a hotel for 4 hours by the friendly airport hotel desk staff. (At our expense)

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Like I said, I am usually a fan of Virgin, but coming back from Havana on Monday has left me a tad miffed. Check-in was fast as it was quiet but I'm afraid that the check-in agent (he must have been 80 - well, almost) left us a bit cross. Firstly, in order that we had a bit of room - as opposed to paying extra - he assured us that he would 'block-off the window seat' so we had the space: on boarding we found out that this was NOT the case! Secondly on our way to security we found that he had not issued our boarding passes! I went back to the desk - he insisted that he had done so - nope: that is why I went back. We got them in the end, but one of his colleagues was NOT impressed with that oversight!

Secondly: it is my understanding that once on board, you stay in your allocated seat and if there is any spare room you can move once the plane is up - this was so the balance was correct for take-off. Well, this is not the case coming out of Havana, apparently! I kid you not - in economy at the back, it was like a mass game of musical chairs!! I have never seen anything like this at all! This went on until the doors were shut for take-off. Luckily I was able to move afterwards and found myself a bit of extra room.

Saying all that, the cabin crew were good: shame about the food, though... Very smooth landing - lady captain very good - but not so sure about the fire engine waiting for us at Gatwick to follow us down the runway, though...

Would normally recommend, but not so sure this time...