“Cheap Airline”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 23 June 2021

I've been flying United Airlines for many years, and I can see that it is getting worse by the day. Compared to Delta and American Airlines, which I have flown recently, United has cut corners in everything, from cheap seats with no headrest, to lack of monitors for entertainment, to spotty wifi connection, and to just a handful of choices in movies and TV programs. I'm going to try to avoid flying United as much as I can from now on.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (51,202)

Reviewed 22 June 2021

We were looking forward to our trip to Aruba to celebrate my daughter’s graduation. Sent on a wild goose chase by ignorant airport employees to the wrong places. I am mobility impaired and was limping significantly by the time we got to the right spot and line. The rude United staff member refused to allow us to check in as we were “ 1 minute late” past the cutoff. We weren’t even close to boarding time and had all documents ready. Didn’t care that we were sent to the wrong floor twice and that I could barely walk! No compassion, just walked away from us like it was nothing. Never again to United, and certainly not at Newark airport. What a disappointing and stressful experience!

Reviewed 22 June 2021

The seats were way too small. The lady sitting next to my husband had complete crying breakdown because her back was hurting her so bad. We were stuffed in so tight we could hardly move. My husband moved to an unaccompanied seat to allow her room and was told he had to move back to his seat because he didn’t pay for that upgrade. It wasn’t until the steward saw the lady crying hysterically that she allowed my husband to move. Our flight from San Francisco was worse. No A/C ! Rowdy group of teenagers without much supervision and a steward who ignored their behavior. The passengers finally had words with the chaperone. Could have been ugly! The pilot circled the airport 3 times without any communication with the passengers...meanwhile people started vomiting and getting sick to the point they felt like passing out. Masked with no A/ C made you feel like you were traveling in a oven.

Reviewed 22 June 2021

Spent over 3 hours on waiting for agents to simply change my flight after the original was canceled. Was transferred to 3 different representatives without being asked. Atrocious.

Reviewed 22 June 2021

So sad we paid extra for FIRST Class only to hear the flight attendant, (not even the one servicing us) carry on and on about her own experience with being sick at sometime. We were in the first seats and she was huddled with audience of two other attendants by cabin door, so we had to experience the whole conversation, unwillingly. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep after a busy week of being gone, but that wasn't an option. (Obviously neither was getting up and moving) A real shame to have paid so much extra for quality service and get opposite. WHAT has happened to customer service? Especially when you pay $300 extra for it for a short 2 hour flight.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.