“Do not follow COVID regulations or their own policies”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I fly United for work and was seated in a middle seat last minute. There were multiple issues: 1) one passenger seated next to me was of an above average size and took up not only the entire armrest but half of my seat as well. I was forced to be in physical contact with him the entire flight. This is a direct violation of “United Airlines Overweight Passengers” policy, in which the airline requires you to buy an extra seat if you do not comfortably fit in one 2) mask wearing was not enforced and my neighbors did not wear masks the majority of the flight. The captain even stated that he didn’t like masks during his pre-flight announcement. This was frankly an extremely disappointing experience especially in the midst of a still ongoing pandemic. I have upcoming international business class travel booked with United but am planning to look elsewhere for both personal and business travel if these issues are not addressed. These are not only customer experience issues but public safety issues as well.

1  Thank dashas611
Write a reviewReviews (50,976)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I travel for work consistently flying Delta unless I am unable to. In this case I was forced onto my worst nightmare which was a United flight which included a connection in Denver. I am still currently sitting on the tarmac for over an hour delayed for an unknown reason in North Dakota, so I will inevitably miss my connection flight in Denver. This is not the first time I have been delayed on United, and I know it will not be the last. I don’t understand how an international commercial airline can always have consistently terrible service and never arrive or depart on time. Every time it has happened to me, I have not received any sort of compensation either. Truly ridiculous and I would rather drive the way home than fly United in the future.

2  Thank cam0091
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flight boarded early and left early while I was at the gate. They said that they already boarded and wouldn't let me on.
I don't know how they can change the times and leave before schedule without all the passengers. Stupid! Never again will I or employees will fly again.

1  Thank O5360TJmarkc
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was me trying to book a flight. I couldn't even start my trip.
I have called customer service three times tonight in an attempt to book a flight for a child going with an adult returning on a different date. First of all, the wait time every time i placed a call was over 20 min. I waited all three times. Once i got a customer representative on the phone and explained what i needed, the prices that they gave me were over $200 from what united.com is showing. When i try to tell them the price difference they hang up the phone. All three representatives refused to help me accommodate my needs and book my flight. Three times i attempted this until i gave up. I can't believe the type of customer service i have received from United Airlines. These so called "customer services reps" are not there to help anyone, they are there to upset customers and literally hang up on people.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew on United round trip from ORD-TPA in March 2021. The departing leg was on a A320, and the return eg on a B737-900. Both aircraft was very clean, the lavatory, seats, surface areas were all disenfected. Both flights were very packed, all seats were taken (Thats good, because people want to live their lives, and not fear COVID) But I felt very safe, because everyone wore masks. The legroom was ok, 30 inches of pitch was a little tight, but the seat was comfortable with good recline. The 737-900 had power outlets, and the A320 did not (back of the plane, economy). There were no IFE screens on either flight, but United has personal streaming through your mobile device with great selections of movies, music, podcasts, and TV shows. There even is sudoku, and map to tell you where you were. The staff were very professional and kind, with a great smile. The service was better than what most airlines do in COVID. A snackbag with a disenfecting wipe, a water bottle, stroopwaffle, and bag of mini pretzels were served. Followed by a full drinks service. Overall, pretty good flight, I would definitely fly United again, is it the worlds best airline? No, but very decent for a 3 hour pandemic flight. Even with all seats taken, it is very safe to travel. United does not deserve all the hate it gets, and if you do not feel comfortable flying? THEN DO'NT!!

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.