“Wonderful Flight”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Even for a 11 hour flight was prepared myself before hand. Choose a seat in back, one over from the middle section so won't get bumped by people going done the isle. wore compression socks with slip on shoes. Neck pillow with an eye mask helped with my sleeping. The flight crew was pleasant and the plane was clean which I took extra care by wiping down my own area again as well. On time flight.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (50,732)

Reviewed 10 March 2020

I really like the ease of using Evansville Dress Regional Airport. I'm happy that United has this flight. It's simple for TSA check-in and the flight is a quick way to get to other airports.

Yes, water and soda are available and a cookie or bag of pretzels are complimentary. Nothing fancy and you check your carry on at the end of the ramp as overhead storage is not available. On the return trip from MCI through ORD, I was given the option to check my carry on (for no fee) and I didn't have to lug it around ORD during my layover. I LIKE THAT OPTION!!!

I will consider this economical way to fly, again.

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Nice flight. Very smooth and on time. Meal served was good. Service was very good. Plenty of room and clean. Check-in and boarding was easy.

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 10 March 2020

This recent flight from Ft Lauderdale to EWR was short but the service was great, as it usually is on United. We have not had a problem in years. I can't comment on in flight entertainment. I travel with downloaded books and movies on my tablet.

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank leavingagain14
Reviewed 10 March 2020

We upgraded to Economy Plus seats. Shortly before our flight United changed our seats because they switched the aircraft to one with a different seating arrangement. We ended up in one of the new Premium Economy sections (without an upgrade or cost increase). Premium Economy has more leg room and width than Economy Plus, and the seats themselves are more comfortable. (We flew back in Economy Plus and missed the comfort of Premium Economy.)
The flights themselves were fine, and the crew on both flights were excellent. They have to have the patience of a Saint to deal with the people who are trying to jamb large bags into the overhead bins and who do not follow the crews' boarding instructions.
I'd give United 5 stars for the flights, even the food was quite acceptable, but my rating is apparently supposed to be for the airline, not the flight, so I knocked it down a star to reflect how incredibly hard is has been to check on the status of a refund for an upgrade we did not receive. Forget about calling United. We understand that they are probably dealing with zillions of panicked people calling about the virus, but even the website is hard to use and buggy. (Venting: The other problem United has is one they share with the other main-line carriers. We were willing to pay to upgrade to Business Class, but our tickets were not eligible for a paid upgrade at any cost. However, we were able to request a Mileage Plus upgrade. Now, I'm no financial genius, but wouldn't it make more sense for the airline to take our money for the upgrade then to fool around with the miles stuff?)
Bottom line: United is a safe way to fly and has some really great people. For long flights like this one, we will always try to fly in Business or the new Premium Economy section. I'm too big for Economy seats!

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.