“Light load and lots of room”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had my favorite seat in the first row of coach and had the whole row to myself which made it very comfortable. I prefer this seat even to most seats in first class because I hate it when people in front of me lean their seat back. I know it's their right, but I don't like it so I always sit in row one or the first row of coach. The service wasn't great, but not horrible. The flight attendant asked me if I wanted another drink and I said yes, but it never was delivered. I didn't really care enough to page him, but it was sloppy service.

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,672)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Can’t fault the service on both legs of this flight to Newark. Staff were friendly, approachable and attentive. Service was quick and efficient with regular drinks and food rounds. Leg room was fine although seat width a little tight even though I am only 8 st.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was finally able to get to Las Vegas, to meet my wife, who was there for meetings. My flights from Phoenix to Los Angeles to Las Vegas, were a mixed bag of late planes, mechanical issues, delayed flights, and changed flights.

It was now time to leave Las Vegas, especially as we had to get down to San Diego, for even more meetings. On Saturday, June 09, we flew UA1647 on a 737-800W (#3287) in First Class, Seats 3A & B, from LAS to SFO, to connect to SAN. It was actually quicker, than flying LAS-LAX-SAN, at this time. This was the second LAS-SFO flight on UA within 2 mos, and is not a normal route for us.

We arrived at LAS a bit early, so visited the AMEX Centurion Club, before making our way to D-55, for UA1647.

We got to D-55 in plenty of time, and lounged around a bit, joining the queue, at the gate, before boarding began. Like SFO, we noticed that LAS had not gone with the new boarding queue lanes. They were still using the only Group 1 - 5 lanes. Not sure of the pattern of the roll-out, but we had encountered the new, two lane version, at several airports already.

We boarded on-time, and took our seats quickly. We were served Spumante, while waiting to depart. This has replaced the Prosecco as the sparkling wine in FC on domestic flights, and is a nice wine.

Our 737-800 had DirectTV, so was from the old Continental fleet. The system worked fine on this short flight, and that has been a common complaint for us, as DirectTV seems to be hit, or miss, on too many flights.

Our seats were comfortable, but not quite so much as the refurbished UA A-319/320 ships. Also, the DirectTV equipment occupies a lot of underseat real estate, so the areas are smaller, but my briefcase still fit, though just barely, in 3A. Unlike some of the smaller ships (CRJ-200/700, and EMB-145), the curvature of the fuselage does not interfere with foot space, in the A, or F seats.

The flight was very nice, though we had some bumpy air, out of LAS.

We landed at SFO a few minutes early, at Gate 66, in the T3 East Pier. As we had a bit of time, and were flying out of T3 Gate 61, we managed to find a glass of wine.

A good flight, with a good crew, and we were glad for the extra time at SFO.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Personnel very helpful at checkin and gate. Ordered wheelchair which was waiting for me at destination in the jetway with my name on a tablet. In the past some passengers just take the chair even if they had not requested one. The new system insures you will get the one you reserved. The wheelchair employees very helpful and pleasant. I always tip well. It is such a great service for older persons, when traveling alone.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Never seen such caring service
Back to back care concern and
A lot of attention have traveled in Many Airlinse however the level of service was a level above