“Flights seem to be delayed often”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flights delayed, causing missed connections or close calls. Chicago seems to be an airport that I will avoid when booking flights if possible as the airport is cumbersome to get around and then is compounded by the airline getting in late.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,724)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took the red eye to NY. It was an old plane no TVs no my down seats. It was the worst first class ticket ever!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have flown with United, for the most part, since they merged with Continental whenever I needed to fly somewhere. This most recent series of flights were unsatisfactory for a couple of reasons. The first is that I made efforts to upgrade repeatedly for the Munich to Houston Intercontinental Airport leg of my journey. The company that I was traveling with said that once they provided me with the final documents, I could upgrade with United if that was what I chose to do. I contacted United and they referred me back to the company. The caveat here is that I had other legs of travel that were booked through the travel company on Lufthansa and I was able to upgrade with Lufthansa without any problem at all. So, it did not make any sense why United would refuse to assist me in upgrading the Munich to Houston leg of the trip.

I was able to get an economy plus seat which was helpful in terms of space. However, that was the only benefit. The cabin was freezing. I prepared for the travel by wearing multiple layers of clothing. Despite turning off the vents above and using the thin blanket that they provided, I, along with the person sitting next to me, was absolutely freezing throughout the very long flight.

Out of all of the flight attendants on this particular flight, there was only one with a ready smile that seemed to care about the needs and comfort of the travelers. The rest seemed to be focused solely on getting the job done and did not smile or engage with us.

The second leg from IAH to ABQ was equally as cold with frigid air coming out of the ceiling above my seat next to the window. I turned off the vents and asked the flight attendant if there was anything that could be done. She informed me that there was no way to adjust the temperatures because the cabin would be too hot. I wonder why there was no way to create a comfortable ambient temperature allowing travelers to adjust their vents if necessary. This flight was just as uncomfortable as the last.

Overall, flying United for this leg and the next were unsatisfactory. If I had not been a mileage plus member for so long, I would likely discontinue using their airline in favor of a more welcoming and easy to work with airline.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight was supposed to take off at 8:10 a.m. Got up at "O dark thirty" to get to the airport by 6:30 only to have to wait until 10am for the flight to go. Had someone waiting for me at SFO-the wait was really long! No explanation from United. No apologies, no effort to put us on another flight. Really unhappy with United. Flying has become very uncomfortable, not only physically!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fly a great deal. First tier airlines (major established companies) are much the same, in general; what differentiates their offer and quality of service is their national/corporate culture and the traveler's status with that airline. With those caveats, United holds its own against its US and European competition, none of which compete successfully against their major Asian and Middle Eastern airlines.