“New seats on a320 are bad”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The seats look new and other airlines new seats are a good thing but the new seats on the United a320 barely recline an inch and just enough room for my new but not enough room for me to extend my legs under the seats. Not comfortable at all! Really disappointing. Everything else about the flight was actually pretty good.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (33,877)

997 - 1,001 of 33,877 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beware of luggage fees and ability to check-in early. But for United to charge $150 for a small 3rd bag which I would have known ahead of time, to prepare differently. had their system allowed me to complete my 24-hour early checkin online through the email they sent, or the app. I usually try to pay for my baggage before arriving at the airport through the check-in process. I even tried to prepay at the airport kiosk before getting to the counter. In that case, I would have also known a bit before getting a $150 fee for that 3rd bag. None of my reservation paperwork shows a 3rd bag fee listed, only 1st and 2nd bag, which they also overcharged by $5 on my 2nd bag. Again, had their pre-check-in process been working then none of this would have been a surprise and I would have better consolidated my luggage. I was expecting a $50 charge actually, not $150. I have tried to call since reaching my destination and they simply give me a run around through customer service and department to department, passing the buck. To end my destination travel, my bag arrived in DCA wrapped in a big plastic bag, with the zipper wide open. Thankfully I had already purchased a baggage cart because it wasn't going to transport easily to where I needed to pick up my rental car. I proceeded to go to the baggage claim office, to ask about filing a claim for my damaged bag. A young man helping the customer service desk worker asked me to open the plastic bag so he could inspect to see if their was a TSA note inside, there wasn't. They said the zipper damage is not covered, but maybe to try to file a claim online. So, at the end of all of this, my bag is ripped open, they didn't replace it, tape it or strap it when I left the office. sad. I give kudos to the very nice man from Texas who helped me with my bags at the shuttle bus and rental office - you are my hero for the day! United....not so much!

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On the Monday after the original flight was cancelled, I understood from other passengers who waited for hours the previous Sunday in the Denver airport that the flight from Denver to Steamboat Springs was delayed. I arrived in Denver about half an hour before the flight was officially cancelled. After walking all the way to the gate to find no explanation about the delay and no one to assist me, then walked half way back to the United Customer Service area. While waiting in the very long Customer Service Line for about ten minutes, I received a text about the flight being cancelled. It was already evening and needed to find out what would happen to my luggage, so then took the train to Baggage. The United Rep. who worked in baggage had no explanation as to why the flight was cancelled yet assured me that my luggage would be on the morning flight out to Steamboat. I couldn't understand how the people who work for United had no explanation either. The rep. did apologize and kindly handed me a United water bottle with small toiletries in it. I suppose I was supposed to spend the night in the airport. So, I was now without a place to spend the night, had no extra clothes or sleepwear. Plus I'm now going to be out of pocket for a hotel, dinner and breakfast.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good short flight. We had s restricted economy flight. No overhead bin carry on bags allowed, no seat selection. Only a personal item that fit under the seat. Checked in bag was charged $25/bag. Seats were assigned at check in. Our seats were not together. We did not mind since it was a direct flight for about 3 hours. Ticket price was reasonable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great flights, lovely flight attendants, delicious food on the flight, good prices for the tickets.
Whole service let down by extraordinarily rude staff in Newark, both at bag drop, and directing the lines at Security. No-one was doing anything to deserve that treatment and all it does is increase the stress for passengers of procedures that are already very stressful and makes the experience miserable when it doesn't need to be. Why do that?
The bag drop lady ( who didn't speak to me but just pointed at me when she wanted my passport and boarding pass) actually said an ironic and automatic "have a good flight" as she finished dealing with us, despite having been so unpleasant. At the lines, we didn't know which queue to join, and the member of staff directing people shouted at me twice ( I was well within hearing range ), rather than give me any explanation of where we were to go. It was a really horrible experience - they treated all of us like cattle, and it could have been done so much better.
My recommendation is that all staff wear prominent name badges so that they take personal responsibility for the way they treat customers - which may make them think twice before being so needlessly, and unhelpfully unpleasant.
I did try to send this to United Airlines customer services rather than post it publicly here, but having spent a long time filling in the online form, when I clicked "continue", the form erased, and nothing appears to have been sent.
Also, in terms of the category options below - not every trip is for leisure or business or both.

• Food and Beverage