“limited leg room”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight itself was fine. The food tray was dirty so I used disinfectant wipes to clean the tray and the arm rests. I'm 5'1" and weigh 100 lbs. and there was hardly any room. My 6' husband was very uncomfortable with no room at all to stretch his legs. Also, there was no wifi on our flight. Movies should be free with what you pay for airfare.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,847)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was smooth enough. The flight attendants were accommodating. The seats were to cramped and I think it is ridiculous we couldn't have a carry on bag. Had to pay for luggage even though two of us flew togerher.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

i fly united most of the time and rarely get the seat i selected. my last flight i ended up in the last row against the bulkhead. coming home i had to pay $95 to sit where the emergency exit was even though i originally did not request this seat. i wrote to united with documentation and they basically said too bad. not exactly the friendly skies!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After having had a nightmare trip with United in January, I decided to give them another chance. My mistake. The flight was supposed to depart at 6:25, arrived early to check in and get through security, got to my gate and waited to board. Boarding began at 6:15, and I was hopeful it would be an uneventful flight to Chicago. Everybody boarded and almost on the dot we pushed away at 6:26. Headed to the runway and then the plane came to a stop. Thinking there were other flights waiting to take off, didn't think anything of it. But we waited for about 15 minutes, and then the plane began to back up to a distant area away from the runway. After about another 15 minutes, finally the captain announced there was a problem and we would be heading back to the gate. Once at the gate he announced some mechanical difficulties that would require a mechanic, and we would need more fuel, it would take about an hour. It was now 7:00am, but I had enough time to connect to my next flight, but many other passengers were already late or had missed their connecting flights. We waited for an hour, and then at 8:00, the captain said we all had to deplane, they had to shut down the A/C and it would get really uncomforatbel for us, but we would be back on the plane in no time and ready to fly. We disembarked and then waited in the airport, many people trying to get new connecting flights. We were told that we would be on our way by 9:00am. but that time came and went. Finally, at about 9:20 they announced we could reboard the plane, but we had to go through the same procedure checking our boarding passes, which slowed everything down. We finally took off at about 9:40, more than 2 hours 25 minutes late. The flight to Chicago is about 1:40, and we must have landed on the furthest runway from the terminal as we taxied for a good 15 minutes. My connecting flight was to depart at 11:20, with pre-boarding at 10:50. I finally got the terminal at 10:55. I raced to my next gate, which was at the opposite end of the terminal(but at least the same terminal) and got there just as boarding had started. I was worried about my suitcase which had been checked in Ottawa making it onto this flight, as in January a similar thing happened, my United flight was delayed, scramble to get onto another flight, bags left behind and badly damaged, to the tune of over $600 in insurance costs. Luckily my suitcase made my next flight and I arrived at my next destination with no problems, as it was not United!
I decided to give United another chance, but their level of service, their care of customers is so poor, that I will not use them again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was booked on another airline to return home after a business trip. The threat of a hurricane caused the other airline to cancel my flight home on Thursday, the day the hurricane was predicted to hit the NC area. United had seats on a late evening flight that would get me into Newark in the early morning and home by 10 am. As luck would have it, the pilots for the flight were delayed, so I missed my connection. Before I had even gotten to the gate, I was already booked on the next flight out and still made it home early enough before the hurricane followed made its way to central NC. The flight attendants were great on both flights; from Seattle and from Newark. By the way, I loved the wafer cookie.