“worst flight ever”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

we had a layover in Newark. Got in at 11:30 Wednesday morning and left there at 10:30 at night. They kept everyone going to Syracuse waiting with no compensation. Everyone had to fight for a flight to Syracuse. This is not the first time We've had issues with United Airlines. The customer service for this mess was terrible and uncaring. We will never again fly with United Airlines.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank charcatalone
Write a ReviewReviews (29,808)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have the United Plus Card which is their credit card and Club access. Even with the perks of the United Club, the savings of free checked bags, and points and perks earned from trips/spending United just isn't worth flyng anymore. We plan on using all our points in the near future then cancelling our card and looking for a new primary airline. I can't remember the last time I had a positive experience on a United flight. Today both our flights IND to ORD and ORD to MBJ had no to limited wifi. The first flight the wifi didn't come on until 10 mins before landing, on the second flight it would only stay on for about 5 minutes if it would connect at all. The second flight being international had the video headrest but you had to pay to watch anything. The use your own device was supposed to be free but doesn't work without a good wifi signal. I can only assume they crushed the wifi intentionally to make you pay for the upgraded wifi and/or video headrest. The seats are so crammed together there is no way to be comfortable and God help you if you need to get something off the floor. In typical United fashion the plane was dirty and the carpet was ripped and in disrepair as you can see in the photo. The worst part was the lazy/rude flight crew. With 90 mins left to the flight I asked for a ginger ale and was refused the flight attendant told me they had already put all the drinks away and said I could only have a water. That's the straw that broke this camel's back. I'm done with United Airlines.

1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

No complaints. The beds are more comfortable and flatter than BA. The service is good and positive. The food is a pip above average, ok but not amazing. The in house entertainment system is tricky to use. But over all I had a great flight.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My young son and I along with more then a dozen passengers were told by the United flight crew that our connecting flight out of San Francisco to Kona would be waiting for us. We arrived to find the gate closed and no United staff present and the plane still docked to the terminal. Ten minutes later it began to taxi to the runway. When we complained to the Customer Service they blamed the incident on the weather. It was raining out like any other rainy day in spring on the west coast. My son and I had to sleep in the terminal overnight with no assistance offered by United. They are the worst when it comes to customer service and caring for passengers stranded due to their lack of communication! Why tell a dozen passengers they are holding the flight - is it some sort of sadistic joke? Then blame it on the "weather". Stay away from this shoddy corporation.

1  Thank jmackint
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was a smooth flight and the cabin attendants were courteous and accommodating. The flight left on time and I arrived at my destination ahead of schedule! And an additional plus 'no crying children'.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank the1actor