“United Flight from Las Vegas to Newark”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Flight was great. Left the gate on time, arrived a few minutes early. Was a very smooth flight. Everything went the way you hope it will when planning the trip.

1  Thank Robert H
Write a ReviewReviews (29,985)

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This flight nearly reached United's nadir. The only part of the flight that went smoothly was checkin. After that, it was the epitome of poor service from both United and the TSA. TSA agents were like zombies--slow, halting and decidely unfriendly. Why can't the TSA in Newark train its zombies to be polite, courteous and to smile once in a while, just like the TSA non-zombies in many other airports around the country (and the world!)? Terminal C--well what can I say about Terminal C except that OTG and United have created a nightmare. Restaurants are distinctly terrible (even the ones supposedly designed by master chefs like Alain Ducasse--e.g. Saison) across the board--bad food, bad service. Then the gate--cramped and uncomfortable. Sure, they're renovating, but I suspect that United will put in some new way of monetizing the floor space rather than comfortable waiting space! From purgatory in the terminal to hell on board. I think this crew were related to the TSA zombies out front--not a smile, cheerful remark or "can I help" in the bunch. During boarding of this very full flight, flight attendants didn't lift a finger to assist in the boarding process. I can't give the food a bad review because I didn't eat it, having wasted my culinary motivation the abominable Saison in the terminal. Only when we arrived in London were things smoothly and efficiently done--but of course that was out of United's hands! Where oh where is Gordon Bethune when we need him?!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My plan was to fly from Fresno, CA to Chicago, O'hare on Sunday 2/11. Arrived at the Fresno Airport at 5:45 AM to find that my flight plan from Fresno to Denver had been changed without my notice between 5:30 AM, when I received an email confirmation from United and when I printed my tickets at the airport. The tickets available were now taking me to San Francisco.

Then the San Francisco flight had been delayed, showing that i would be missing my connection in SF. I called the United 800 number and got rescheduled, delaying my departure until 1:40 PM from Fresno, now going through LA. Arrived late in Chicago at 9:45 PM instead of 3:30 PM. Missed my evening meeting with my business associates in Chicago.

My 4:00 PM return flight to Fresno was delayed at the gate for 1 1/2 hours while waiting for the plane to be repaired. This made me miss my return flight to Fresno, arriving late in Los Angeles at 8:20 PM. This was the last flight to Fresno for the evening. United then rescheduled me with a 6 AM to San Francisco with a connecting flight to Fresno, arriving in Fresno at 1:30 PM, the next day.

Called Hertz and rented a car, one way for $179, since I needed to get home for work. Cancelled my flight with United, who did not offer a rental car or a voucher. Drove from LAX for 4 hours until 1:30 AM to get home for work the next day.

This was the worst flight service I have ever had.

By the way... About 1 hour before landing in LAX, the pilot came on the intercom to inform the passengers that an indicator light was indicating an engine fire. We should not worry, since they checked everything out and found that no fire actually existed. The pilot wanted us to know though, since Fire Fighting Equipment would greet us when we landed at LAX. I could hear passengers on the plane praying as we landed.

I can't make this stuff up. It was the worst series of flights I have ever had. The United Airlines Team really needs to step up their service if they want to continue to operate their airlines. I will work to find any other airlines available to fly next time I travel by air.

4  Thank chrisb55
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Danger and the Seattle ground crew were extremely awesome! The flight was as comfortable as one can be in coach!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

United Airlines is trying to match Southwest fares to this international flight. Even though it does offer better times you are required to pay for your check in suitcase which is crazy as Costa Rica's flight is an international flight. Normally, you do not pay for the first bag on an international flight. In addition, if you are hungry you also have to pay for your food. If you add luggage plus food your ticket is way more expensive than if you flight another airline that will provide all of these commodities.