“Won't Refund, 300$ change fee”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 9 February 2018

This is ridiculous. I have a flight more than 3 months away and there is no way to get a refund for the flight. In order to switch it to another day, I would have to pay a 300$ change fee. I can find a better flight for that much through a different airline. Meanwhile I guess I'm going to leave my 500$ return flight seat empty. Economically inefficient and a terrible way to get customers to come back. Never United again!!!

1  Thank Reed L
Write a ReviewReviews (34,785)

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by my flight with United. Brand new Dreamliner aircraft, good space (a whole row of seats to myself helped!) and the same food as other airlines. Ontime take off and arrival, and even arrived a little early. Great improvement from the last time I flew with United and wouldn't hesitate flying with them again. And a bonus was they were hundreds of $$ cheaper than everyone else.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Tight seats, crabby stewardess, no food at all on the Red Eye.
Wi-Fi went on and off as always. Smooth landing.

1  Thank Sunshine34500
Reviewed 9 February 2018

United Airlines is a member of the star alliance group of airlines but at bottom of the tier of carriers. their planes are old, the service is basic and inconsistent. none of the chairs on this flight would recline? very strange since i always recline and sleep, i was sitting at the 2nd last row from the rear and could see that all seats wouldn't recline and many having trouble sleeping. no in-cabin screens, you have to use your tablet/phone but must download the united airlines app before leaving the gate, if you dont you cant download later and no access during the flight. they should explain this. they board the plane from front to back so you have to wait until those standing in the front rows are settled until you can get to the back rows - illogical and very slow. also no room in overhead bins so many have to check carry-on last minute. on the positive side the leg room was good and free dry snacks (pretzels) were offered with free drinks. Oh and most importantly United is famous for overbooking so if you dont have a seat assigned at check-in then you risk not getting on. The rating would be higher if the fares were cheaper but United is the same price as Air Canada which is a much better experience.

2  Thank steve c
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I’m usually a united flyer. Based on my status I was able to move to the Economy Plus seating. Nice legroom. I was 21st on the free upgrade to first class. Ugh. I watched two movies on my phone using the United in flight entertainment app. It was good. Attendants were great. Very uneventful flight. Got in early too. I brought food on board so as not to have to buy anything on the plane. I’ll do it all again in April.