“Magic Carpet Ride”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

United decommissioned it’s Boeing 747 on this route and replace it with a Boeing 787-9. Good Move. We upgraded our Economy Class to Economy Premium. This was a good move for us. The seats were comfortable with plenty of room—-easy to get in a.few zzz’s. They also included access to power for one’s devices. The movie screens on the back of seats were clear. Service on the flight was responsive. It included two light meals and a snack, adequate from our needs, not as good as China Air’s on our trip from Hawaii to Taiwan a month earlier. 13 1/2 hours is a long trip from Sydney to San Francisco. United helped us make the best of it.

2  Thank garycZ3100SJ
Write a reviewReviews (51,202)

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I don't know what it is with this company but they seem to have given up. The plane was dirty, the staff onboard walked about with their nose in the air for the entire flight and give more time to each other than they did towards their clients flying with them.

I couldnt wait to get off this flight. Rude staff on a dirty plane, not good! If i was the CEO of this airline, i would seriously look at the people i was employing. I would SACK 85% of the crew and bring in a whole new team of service orientated staff!

The check in staff at Tampa are actually nice.

4  Thank Barrie D
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I was not expecting what I got. Excellent service, beautifully maintained and appointed aircraft, good in-flight food, very caring flight attendants. I am changing my choice of airlines to United, when possible. Good job!

2  Thank Alisonstenger
Reviewed 2 February 2018

2 hour flight made terrible by cramped seats with hardly any leg room , on top of that we had turbulence.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Been taking this flight for years, and its sister return flight, 1473, between EWR and SDQ. For some reason I always get group 4, even though I book Economy Plus. That means even though I pay for (and get) a good seat, by the time I board, there is no overhead storage. The FA's are usually bi-lingual, and the majority of the passengers are Dominican. I look Dominican, but speak poor Spanish. This results in confusion between myself the other passengers and crew. They offered some delicious cookies on the flight down, but a miserable bag of pretzels on the return flight. The most interesting part of the flight is the landing, when the passengers break out into applause upon touchdown. Four hours to paradise.

1  Thank thiawroane
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.