“no reclining on seats”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 2 February 2018

This was a long six hour flight from Honolulu to Denver. The airplane was large with three seats on each side and four in the middle. The seats do not recline. who can sleep sitting up straight? This flight left at 9:00 p.m. and flew through the night. It was the longest six hours of my life. Don't plan on sleeping if you take the economy class seats - it is not possible. Just watch and listen to movies if you have a tablet, United lets you stream movies with an appropriate app.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (51,364)

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Like I said the staff on this plane was great !
It's just United as a company are money hungry pricks !!
There was no one setting in the wing exit seats so I asked if I could move to one of them the guy said I'm sorry but it would be a $10,00 seat upgrade charge ??
I know he felt bad to tell me that but was following what the " den of thieves" in Chicago told him to do !

Reviewed 2 February 2018

United is doing it right now. Friendly staff, on time departure, great planes, in flight services are great. This is a long flight almost 11 hours but by leaving at 8:40 am got to Honolulu 1:40 pm after lunch. Our final destination was New Zealand but spent 2 days in Honolulu really made the trip much better

Date of travel: September 2017
Reviewed 2 February 2018

upon making reservations for 2 people to fly to San Diego, my Niece was unable to go . I called to change the name on the reservation from her to my sons name. they were very uncooperative and unyielding and would not change the name, when in fact on the reservation confirmation that was sent to me stated that I could make a change. they still refused to change the name and told me that I had to make another reservation for him, and not get a refund for the other ticket. this was very upsetting and ridiculous. needless to say I cancelled the flights and vacation because I was not going to fly without my son. WHY STATE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE NAME ON A FLIGHT TICKET WHEN YOU CAN NOT???

Date of travel: February 2018
3  Thank timothyb2166
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The Dreamliner has the best configuration of any long-haul plane United flies. You and your spouse can sit together (the 777 has a tendency to split up couples I think) and it's quiet and with higher humidity than other aircraft, you have a better chance of getting some sleep and arriving at a distant destination feeling somewhat normal. On our flight I slept 6 1/2 or 7 hours and the food and service were both good.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.