“Dismal!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Now they have eliminated the inflight entertainment systems in economy. How low can they go. In the mean time the AV screens in Premium class were 4x the size. The airlines continue to further increase the gap between the haves and have nots. They served us a hot breakfast in the xtra leg room seats. It was inedible. The seats were pretty uncomfortable. I asked for earplugs and the "stewardess" told me that they are only given to Premium class customers. Absurd. The planes was as cold as a meat locker. Not enough rest rooms. They have no concern for human dignity?

1  Thank deepchi
Write a ReviewReviews (19,620)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On Friday, Nov 03, we flew back home to Phoenix (PHX) from Newark (EWR), on UA1929, in Row 3 E&F (First Class) on a 737-900 (#3458). Though we fly UA often (almost weekly), this was only our second time at EWR. In the past, we used JFK, when UA had a hub there.

We arrived early from Mid-town Manhattan (not knowing the traffic out of the city), and spent time in the UA Club at EWR. All very nice.

As we were flying out of Gate C-96, we chose the UA Club at C-80, to wait for our flight.

Though we had only used EWR for the first time, a few days before, we found it to be easy to navigate, and zero issues with TSA Security, but looking at lines, having TSA Pre-Check seemed to help.

We got to the boarding area at C-96 a few moments early, and were ready to board, when it was called. As we have very high status in UA’s Mileage Plus FF program, we had “priority boarding.” We were in our seats, had our jackets and overcoats in the closet, and were ready for our pre-departure drinks, before most of Group 1 began to board. We were pushing back, just as the weather began to change, and for the worse.

This 737-900 was one of the ships from the old Continental fleet, but had the “Dreamliner” ceiling and lighting, as well as DirectTV. The DirectTV lost its signal several times during this flight, but mostly worked, during the 5:30 hr duration. Not sure if the weather had any impact on the DirectTV? The DirectTV has been less than perfect, on several sCO 737's lately. Note: DirectTV is free in FC, and available for purchase in E/E+.

We had a meal, with two choices:
Lentil Chili w/ Salad
Shrimp Jambalaya w/ Salad
and each came with a Cherry Cheesecake, and a Pistolette Roll. Each was above average, and it seems that UA has gotten the Lentil Chili down pretty well, as several previous versions were lacking totally in taste. The Shrimp Jambalaya was the better dish, and the Shrimp were surprisingly good, both firm, yet tender, and there was good flavor in the sauce. The Cheesecake was a bit sweet for me, but that’s probably because I am not a big fan of desserts.

The wines were:
UMA Cabernet Sauvignon from the Mendoza Region of Argentina
Santa Julia Chardonnay, from the Mendoza Region of Argentina
Both were OK.

The flight was good, and it was nice to be heading home, as we had been “on the road” for 16 days, and only had two days, before we had to fly to San Francisco, then a day, before flying to Chicago.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank The_Loup_Garou
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am 1k and flying business class - the lounge is a pop up lounge with no meaningful food or place to sit even though there are some decent looking restaurants and bars outside as the lounges are under construction till May. How about giving folks a voucher and letting them bring some edible food in.

Line to check on is uber long in group 1 woh a lot of misleading communications. When I asked one of the check in folks about the discrepancies, I was as told to go back to someone else to complain and they could not do anything.

No real customer service mindset.

1  Thank Ashme01
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

United Airlines has been one of my favorite airlines to fly. Living in Washington DC and traveling to LA many times was a breeze on United. Now that I live in Cabo San Lucas, MX, I still fly United when I can to LA or connecting to San Diego.

The planes are new and the crews are friendly. Flights have been on time or very close as not to cause one to miss a connecting flight. I have never had a bad experience flying united.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice fight, I only had one problem that was not United's fault. I had a bad nose bleed and they helped me through the ordeal with ice for my nose and they cleaned up the mess I made. I really appreciated that very much so I can say is to give them a big plus +++.
I would recommend them and I will be flying with them again.