“Same old complaints”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 21 September 2017

If a had to sit in the back of the plane in the middle seat, this probably wasn't such a bad flight. While I can't blame the airline for putting me in this horrible seat ( I booked through an online travel service) I can blame them for making people pay for this wretched seat....or having it on the plane in the first place. Shame on airlines for doing this to people. However the crew was very nice and the flight landed ahead of time.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,590)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We did not like the gate situation at Dulles. There are many Gate numbers, letters, and flights leaving from these four gates. One must take a shuttle to the plane, which is parked away from the Terminal. You get on the shuttle when your flight is called.

However, the very short 30 minute flight (9/20) was most pleasant. The plane was very clean and tidy, the seats were comfortable, the crew was pleasant, and the flight took off, and landed on time. Surprisingly, it took a very long time to get our luggage, and the carousel didn't even begin moving until at least 30 minutes after we had landed.

2  Thank NYU62
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This (9/20) was a most pleasant flight. We had been a bit worried, as United sent us an alert about possible delays due to the storm. When we got to Logan, there was a light rain, and very poor visibility. However, flight took off on time without any problems. Flight attendants were courteous and friendly, and our landing was smooth. We did arrive in Dulles early, so there was a a bit of a problem finding a gate.

The flight was full, but boarding was timely and efficient.

3  Thank NYU62
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The airline service isn’t th greatest. The boarding was an 1 hour late and we didn’t take off for another hour. On the plane when I ordered a Pepsi with no ice and she specifically said to me,”Pepsi no ice” and I said yes next thing she gives me the Pepsi with ice which is so weird. Also on this flight I ordered Pasta for dinner and they gave me the pasta but it didn’t taste write!! The airline has changed from a great airline to an okay airline!! You may as well fly on Delta which trust me is so much better!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Our connecting flight from Halifax to Newark NJ was delayed due to bad weather and consequently we missed our flight out of Newark to New Orleans. No problem, nothing you can do about weather. Luckily there was one more flight out to NO at 8 pm, which was delayed until 9 pm, since weather was an issue, again no problem. Since we had extra time and we were/are Milage Plus members with access to the Club we decided we'd spend leisurely time there. When we got to the Club we were greeted by the receptionist who told us we could not go into that club (C gate) but had to go to A gate, quite a ways away...so we decided to hang out in our area (good thing because time of flight changed to an earlier departure). Once finally onboard in the economy section the seats were narrower than usual and the economy+ section was larger than most United planes i have been on. Amazingly the economy section was packed with few open seats while only 2 people were in the economy+ section. After the doors of the plane were closed, several passengers noted the extra seats and asked if they could be shifted from the crowded section. The ranking hostess says 'whose asking,' passenger, 'we are.' Hostess 'we can spread you out in only the economy section you paid for, it is airline policy that only passengers who paid for the + section can sit here.' Last we saw/heard of her, as our section was hosted by 2 others. So, indeed, UA is only about money and not flying the friendly skies. For the record, I've flown Delta and even their economy seats are comfortable. As one upset UA passenger noted to me, 'I paid $900 for this flight, these seats are available, this is not right.' And the + section remained empty throughout the rest of the flight. UA skies are very unfriendly. I'd rather relinquish my mileage privilege than experience that again.

1  Thank Whart11