Reviewed 19 September 2017

What a terrible experience. 777 had had 10 seats per row (originally designed to have 9/row), but they added a seat per row. Felt like sardines given size of plane, tiny aisles, and high level of lights/air blowers. Flew with United Groups--they were incredibly inflexible and unhelpful as compared to Delta Groups. Terrible snack option for a 6 hour flight. Wifi didn't work even tho people paid for it. No mention of reimbursement. Even free entertainment didn't work. Horrible experience overall. Will not fly United again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,590)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Older-generation seats on this 757-300 -- cushions no longer supportive; very evident only halfway into 5+ hour flight. IFE contained only movies on a schedule. No sports, music, tv, etc. If bored with 1st choice, have to wait until all movies recycle. Meal, though, was very good, as was FA staff. Online info stated that wifi was available for purchase. Next sentence informed that "wifi is available only over the continental US". Just the last 5 minutes of flight are over the mainland (LAX approach), so why bother mentioning anything about wifi at all? One should expect up-to-date first-class cabin, when buying FC ticket.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I am not a fan of United, but I had no choice to fly with them from EWR to LAX and my flight was surprisedly alright. I can't remember the last time I have flown with United and my flight was on time. Still not the top of the list to recommend them, but they have gotten better from my last few flights with them.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Of highest priority is departing and landing safely. Having said that our planes were successful. Cheers to pilots and crew!! Prior to our morning departure we were text notified in the wee hours that the flight was 30 minutes earlier than expected and that our original non-stop was changed to a connecting flight. Upon awakening hours later we had to scramble. The first delay was announced before we boarded, the second delay was while standing in line to board the connecting flight, and the third delay was while we sat on the tarmac. Not complaining about these matters, just reporting facts. Also worth mentioning was the exemplary conduct of fellow passengers going and coming in this era of flyers who rant for any number of reasons and cause the flight attendants and others extreme grief !

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I use united airlines very frequently and have to say I've never had any problems with them. Always on time. I have their credit card so I get breakfast free in their lounge before my flight. They don't give much as far as snacks but they has drinks and lunches at a price. Staff is usually very good.