“Had a delay, but was accommodated and my bags made it”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Staff went over backwards. My initial flight was delayed so I missed my connection before takeoff. Staff booked me on the next departing flight and moved my luggage for me. Kudos. Pilots diverted around bad weather and we still were on time.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (50,818)

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Basic flying, gets you from here to there. No frills of course. I'd rather pay less and get my frills on the ground.

Date of travel: June 2016
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I'm aware that flying isn't what it used to be but when flight attendants can't even muster a smile or even to be slightly helpful we've lost the joy of travel. Upon decent into Cancun they had us fill out our papers for customs and only had forms in Spanish and seemed to have no idea how to fill them out or who needed what forms. When asked the flight attendant literally answered "I have no idea!" And walked away. Just a suggestion but if that's your job maybe you could be a bit informed. Filling out official documents in a foreign language was disconcerting at best! I know the airlines are stretched thin but what happens to pride in a job well done?

Reviewed 6 August 2016

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced so far :-
- We were put on the plan and than there was noise, we were informed when the flight taken off to the skies the problem will be over, however it was then decided to fix the problem before taking off. This took time
- When we were about to take off, we were informed that the weather was not good so we have to wait without getting out.
- When the weather was fine, the first officer told us he cannot take the flight and someone else will be coming
- That someone did not come and we were asked to get back to the terminal and after sometime we were asked to board the flight again
- As soon as we boarded the flight we were told that the flight is cancelled
- And we have to go and check for other flights
- Had to take another flight through Washington DC which a very long delay from the original flight
- Upon arrival in Cincinnati I found out that I will not have my bags
- My bags were delivered the second day in the evening.

Despite me buying an insurance from ORBITZ, they "orbitz' told me there is nothing there can do to help !!! but they can give me $50 and that's it irrespective of what I have lost in time and money.

NEVER AGAIN ORBITZ and NEVER AGAIN UNITED

Date of travel: July 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016

On time, good gate staff, and clean plane. The flight was smooth and we arrived at the gate on time.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.