“Flighty surprise”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We flew united airlines from Newcastle UK to San Francisco via New York and were surprised by the spacious leg room and very clean cabin. The airline staff were very accommodating and the complementary soft drinks, Wine and snacks were a nice touch. The on board entertainment was also top class, relinquishing the boredom you get with long flights, I will definitely fly UA again.

Date of travel: June 2016
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,401)

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I love United. There was a problem with the plane, could not be fixed; so we had to wait for another plane. Much rather safety verses departure time. We waited a long time; but was given a complementary meal and boarding went smooth. The flight was great despite the wait and the customers were patient throughout the process. The attendants were frustrated but handled the experience well; which helped the customers understand that "Safety is Job 1".

Date of travel: July 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I'll write here about my round trip to Maui, but the insights here come from many different flights on this airline. Overall, this airline is the best. The United Milage Plus credit card lets you earn miles that make purchases on their website more affordable. Also, this airline has an amazing amount of different destinations. You can access the ones United doesn't serve as well because of the Star Alliance. (Look it up if you don't understand what I'm referencing.) I always fly within the US on this airline, yet I've been on one of their 7-hour flights because it was to Hawaii. There is one thing I don't like about United, which is the fact that the interior of their different planes is so different. Ex: Their Airbus A320's and 319's have no TV monitors inside because they let you stream movies to your phone. This is also what they do for lots of their 737's (700s, 800s, and 900's,) though this isn't always the case. They also have DirectTV which you have to pay for (except in 1st class,) as well as main screen entertainment where they attach a TV to the ceiling for everybody to watch. They sometimes even let you rent a tablet, and on most of their international flights, (though not 737's or coach in 747's, which I'm sad to say they're retiring,) they have regular seatback entertainment which is free. See, why can't they just have that on all their planes? It gets annoying how you never know which one you're gonna get. Airlines like Delta just have free seatback for everything. They even have different kinds of first class because United and Continental didn't merge very well. I think the stream-to-device entertainment is okay for domestic flights, but for a 7-hour flight to Hawaii, I'd much rather they have the international layout. However, their fleet is very nice. They have mainly Boeing long-distance aircraft, though I've never been on it other than the 777-200er that they used for Hawaii. I mean, at least the interior of their aircraft is generally pretty nice. I've also never had a real problem with the leg room. (I mean, you can't really stretch out, but it's coach. What could you expect?) United Polaris was a great move; it makes United more ready to compete with other airlines in international travel. They are supposed to add on to their fleet a few 777-300ers, and some Airbus A350 XWB 1000s, to go along with the amazing 787s they already have. I wish they would get a Airbus a340-600 for long distance routes. That's such a good plane. I think they should also add Polaris to the 757-200s that go from here to Europe, because those are pretty long flights, too. I love flying. The thing that makes this airline stand out is their snacks. So happy they have snacks in coach! I'll eat them the next time I fly, which will be on a 737-800. With United, I'm looking forward to it.

Date of travel: August 2015
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Extremely comfortable 'Global First' seating, with ample seat side storage space, intuitive seat positioning controls, two pillows and a down-like comforter for a blanket, made this 8 hour flight a great pleasure. The cuisine was fair: the salad came with iceberg lettuce, instead of leaf lettuce...sort of below standard for international first class; the fish entree and accompanying vegetables were nicely seasoned; after dinner cheeses and dessert were satisfying. The wine selections need upgrading...or that could have been the altitude robbing the wines of flavor. In flight service from the FA's was excellent and attentive. When flying domestic, I'm usually in coach, so this flight was a great contrast to that.

Date of travel: July 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

this airline is ok, i mean the flight attendants were kind of rude, our flight got delayed for 2 hours!!!! Because the pilot was in a different state.I also had to pay for wifi and entertainment.

Date of travel: June 2016