“Travel during COVID”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 6 March 2021

My travel was round trip on February and March on economy class. Travel experience was kind of average. Transit was Istanbul airport on both occasions. Out of four flight i travelled on round trip, cold food was served in 3 of them. No tea/coffee or juice. The meals were standard and nice on last flight. The inflight entertainment included some of the most popular movies and series which is appreciated. 10mb of internet is provided for economy travellers. Flight attendents were nice, nothing remarkable. Seats were like other airlines.

1  Thank 135pankaj
Write a reviewReviews (30,571)

Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

Their website states: "Special fees are not applied for equipment not included to the sports equipment list, and this equipment is considered as checked baggage."  Then you arrive at the airport with Kitesurf equipment, which is mot listed and they charge you 90 EURO extra one way.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

Was traveling on flight Tk 713 from Dhaka to Istanbul. Was a 9 hour flight. I am a frequent traveler and this was my first experience with Turkish airline. I have never experienced such a bad airline service in my life before. No proper meal was provided within the 9 hours of flight. Everyone on the flight was hungry and I have seen passengers ask for food because they were so hungry and was denied by the cabin crew. My flight boarded at 7 am Dhaka time. I was expecting breakfast but the passengers were provided with just a bun and a piece of cake and nothing else throughout the rest of the flight. I had asked for coffee/tea but was told that they did not have that on the flight. I was baffled. I travel with other airlines all the time and have had good experiences when it came to food. This was extremely disappointing. I have heard about turkish airline’s poor service but still wanted to give this airline a chance and I now regret it. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND TURKISH AIRLINE TO ANYONE.

1  Thank fatimaz979
Reviewed 5 March 2021

My sister and I traveled from Warsaw, Poland to Karachi via Istanbul. We were there to complete our Master degrees and we were traveling back after 3 years and forever. Obviously being students, we had laptops in their bags and our travel bags were not purses, they were proper shoulder bags. Our flight had a transit time of 20 hours in Istanbul and according to the website, they were to provide us hotel accomodations due to the long transit time. We had come to Poland with same baggage via Qatar airways and our laptop bags were allowed as extra baggage and our baggage allowance was 32kgs, whereas Turkish airlines only allowed us 25kgs. Firstly, they started check-in 2 hours prior flight and then they asked us to print passtrack which is required by Pakistani authority, but both failed to mention that they need a hard copy. Anyway first they made us run back and forth to get a printed copy from their office, which was directed so badly that we had to spend 30 minutes finding it, although we requested them again and again to give us clean directions. One of the check in officer said that our laptop bag is fine, but when finally we came with a printout, and we reached another officer, she refused to take our laptop bags and asked us to throw either our laptops or our shoulder bag and told us that since we are the last ones and the plane is about to take off, we are not allowed to repack, although I had no love for most of the stuff and I we would have thrown away as many kgs as the ask but we had to take out important stuff. They became so rude and forced us to pay extra 400 Euros or they won't let us take our laptops, which was simply ridiculous. Anyway we paid and they actually made us run all the way, without helping us with our bags, shouting at us the entire way that the plane is late and it's all our mistake. We landed at Istanbul at 11 30 pm and when we asked for 20 hours transit visa, they informed that there are only a selected list of countries who are allowed transit visa and we had to stay in the airport area for 20 hours, exposed to all kind of viruses. They gave us a list of 4 eating places at the airport where we could get their selected free meal every 5 hours and it was not our choice. I'm a vegan for more than 8 years and they only had fistful of potato chips in the name of vegan food in their entire assortment, therefore I had to live on these chips and a glass of Coke for 20 hours. Also, due to covid-19, they had increased the 5 hour free meal duration to 12 hours and if they like you and entirely out of pity, they would allow us to have a meal after 8 hours. So, I spent 20 hours on the airport with 2 servings of small size potato chips and 2 glasses of Coke. I only had 400 Euro cash which I had to pay to take our laptops, so I had to chose between laptops of starvation. I hated the experience entirely and I don't wish it upon anyone. NO VEGAN meals at the airport or during the flight because apparently if you are a vegan you need to starve according to the airport and flight authority. Had I know about the laptop bag and the denial of transit visa if unavailability of vegan food, I would have NEVER EVER chosen Turkish airlines. For food, same happened during Qatar airways flight, even with information during flight booking that I would require vegan food.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

My flight had been cancelled on the 2nd December, and we wanted to rebook for January. Turkish airlines was not flying inbound to the UK in January. I had been advised by Turkish Airlines customer service to call back in February to rebook. I've been contacting Turkish airlines since mid Feb to book the return flight upon to my surprise, I find out they messed up my ticket.

So In the UK we have a system where the Title Miss is generally used for any single female young Adult. Turkish airlines system believes an Individual with the title is a miss.

I booked my flight as a adult ticket which is evident from the cost of the ticket and the tax code. As well as my DOB. Turkish airlines customer service has been bouncing me around for almost 3weeks from call to call as they've made an error (putting me down as a child) they are not willing to fix. Every single call I've had answered, I've been told contradicting information.

I need to fly back very soon and Turkish airline has refused to assist me.

Do not ever intent to fly with this terrible airline again. The worst customer service team that doesn't want to help at all.

Date of travel: March 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.