“Pleasure to travel plus the Lounge at Istanbul Airport is Awesome”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 6 September 2019

Turkish Airlines is growing very fast -- every year over the past 4-5 years I am surprised to see their routes being more and more plentiful. At the same time though their attention to detail and ability to offer good service is impressive.
I have flown both economy and business class on their flights and have been impressed by both. Great food, and nice planes and crew.
Then comes the Turkish Airlines lounge at the new Istanbul airport. Oh my! What an experience. The food and amenities are awesome. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank NickInChina1
Write a reviewReviews (30,487)

Reviewed 5 September 2019

On September 2, 2019 at 9:04 PM, my husband and I booked flights to Abu Dhabi from Miami for the Saturday before thanksgiving, November 23, 2019. The next day, we received some news that made it so that we had to change our flights. We called Turkish airlines within 24 hours of booking our flight, the morning of September 3, 2019 to ask for a refund based on the 24 hour cancellation policy of the DOT. We were told in no uncertain terms that in violation of this policy we would not be refunded our money and if we wanted to cancel the flight we would lose our ticket fares. On multiple occasions we were told that Turkish Airlines refuses to observe the DOT 24 hour cancelation policy by the customer service representatives. There was also no option for a ticket fare hold that we saw on the webpage. The only option we were given was to change our flights to another time, and were charged a $436.00 penalty to do so. We were told that if we paid the penalty we would be able to switch our flights and receive a refund for any excess that was paid for the original flights. We decided that we would do this instead of losing all of the money we had already paid in the amount of $2,222 and change. So we chose to fly to Rome, the ticket price of these flights were around $500.00 in addition to the $436.00 penalty. After we hung up with the representative and we saw the receipts, we saw that we were only getting a refund of $59.00 per ticket, which is not the full excess of payments that we had made as the total for Italy trip should have been around $1,000.00 and we had paid in excess of $2,000.00; thus, we should have received over $1,000.00 back not $59.00 per ticket. We basically were charged a penalty to change our tickets, in violation of the DOT's 24 hour cancellation regulation and in addition to that we were overcharged for our flights to Italy, as we were told by the Turkish airlines representatives that despite our transfer penalty of $436.00 they would not refund the excess monies from our Abu Dhabi fares because their policy dictates that we pay fees for changing airports - when I asked if that was not purpose of the original $436.00 penalty I was told that there were additional fees but the representative was unable to break them down.

Date of travel: September 2019
3  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

Excellent Service. The Food is very nice and the service is very good. Their time table is very good and I arrived on time.

Reviewed 5 September 2019

we booked economy tickets but the airline overbooked our plane so they gave us business class seats. the service was excellent as well as the crew. the other flight in economy class was good as well. I pre booked a special meal on line and they gave it to me precisely. since we had a change of more than 7 hours, we had a nice free tour of Istanbul. They drove us to the city by bus and a guide explained quite a lot of the highlights. A delicious meal was included too. I surely recommend to fly with Turkish Airlines !

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 5 September 2019

The airline is spacious and neat. Board meals and entertainment very good. Boarding was not punctual. Customer service is very bad. I had a layover of 16hours at Istanbul and there nobody on ground to answer customers. Seems that suddenly nobody understands English. I must say that we have to find places all over the floor to sleep. No hotel accommodation was offered.
If not for the price, i will not choose the airline for international flights.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.