“turkish airline review”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 5 September 2019

i recomend the turkish airline for every body very clean, services are wonderful the quality of food is average but you feel safe with turkish airline that is all

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (30,474)

Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

Using airbus A330-200 with old version. Service 3 to 4 star max. My second choice if I ever visit Istanbul again.

Date of travel: September 2019
2  Thank Danny D
Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

The flight from chisinau to istanbul was delayed. Therefore i missed my next flight.
I got to the airport when the next flight was on last call before closing the gate, so it was impossible to catch it. The airlines provided new ticket for an alternative flight, written on it " care point". I spent 20 minutes to get to the care point. At my arrival, an agent gave me a small paper written on it: free breakfast to be choosen from: burger king or popeyes or sbarro which are all serving junk food. At my question about alternatives, the customer service agent replied: this is what we have!!
I asked for hotel to have sleep since the waiting time was the whole night, the answer was that the airport hotel is not listed in their hotels and transfering you to a hotel outside will take time and you may not be able to catch your next flight...
Worst service ever
New Istanbul airport is huge but no train or shuttle bus to take you from one gate to another. You need to walk more than 6000 steps to be able to get to gate. At least in other airports like in Paris or Dubai they have shuttle bus and train to ease and expedite the transfer of passengers...

Date of travel: September 2019
2  Thank lbtraveller77
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Excellent. The quality of service and food were both excellent. Clean amenities and even treated us to slippers, eye patch, socks, and toothbrush in economy.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

Where do I start with this one....Got to Gatwick early 3 hours prior to flight got to the check in only to be held in the que for almost an hour because a previous flight had not boarded all it passengers so we had to wait bearing in mind I had four children with me desperately wanting to go and eat when we finally got through check in to get them something to eat we had to rush to the plane so we where unable to eat our food in the restaurant we had to eat on the plane.

The staff on there are so rude it’s unreal they don’t even engage with you but think they can boss you around telling you what to do, the screen to watch films was messed up and kept selecting films we didn’t choose, twice I had to ask for it to be restarted and only one ever was it done. The staff do not know how to engage with children their all solemn and miserable, let’s just say they are nowhere near Virgin Atlantic standards they are appalling. And I was

Got to our stop off which was Istanbul where we had an hour transfer only for it to take 2hours 40 for us to get through passport control one we had and went to embark on our flight, we missed it. They even managed to give managed to give me someone else’s boarding pass. Then when they put us on a different flight it was some unheard of airline yet I paid for a Turkish Airline flight.
The food was terrible I wouldn’t give it to a animal let alone human consumption.

Coming back was far far worst got to the airport again a similar thing happened where a previous flight had not finished boarding but I didn’t have to wait so long as the had a desperate operator for those passenger, the operator I had printed my name completely wrong in my boarding past and myself and children told him thinking he corrected it he printed it and gave it to me this became an issue ones we had got to passport control at Istanbul.

The in flight entertainment was not working so for out connecting flight we had blank screens in our faces!!

He also have us seating all over the place for our connecting flight meaning my 4 year old would sit by herself 4 rows in front and when I challenged him he claimed the airport when we connect will change it.

Getting to Istanbul the passport control staff are very rude claiming they don’t speak English and cheekily laughing at me when I told him about the name issue and uttering in Turkish .

The ticket got changed and we went through at that point I was furious and wanted to get out that country, then when we where boarding and I pointed out to the boarding pass staff that my child would be sitting alone he told me all families are together and couldn’t change it so what about my family!

When he changed the ticket he still put my 4 year old to be sitting on her own a lovely lady who was sitting with her family but was in a seat next to my other children got asked by the stewards if she’s swapp so now she was sitting away from her family.

When given out drinks to passengers they fatally missed me and my children out and never offered us anything.

I couldn’t wait to get to Gatwick it was horrific flying with Turkish airlines and the fact every staff member is had ask for help told me they don’t know English, that’s a huge embarrassment they claim that.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE
Rude is an understatement!!!!

My actual holiday in Izmir was even more of a disaster my whole holiday to Turkey in Turkey flying with Turkish Airlines was a disaster they are all rude!!

3  Thank RBBlessed