“Terrible Airline”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

Where do I start with this one....Got to Gatwick early 3 hours prior to flight got to the check in only to be held in the que for almost an hour because a previous flight had not boarded all it passengers so we had to wait bearing in mind I had four children with me desperately wanting to go and eat when we finally got through check in to get them something to eat we had to rush to the plane so we where unable to eat our food in the restaurant we had to eat on the plane.

The staff on there are so rude it’s unreal they don’t even engage with you but think they can boss you around telling you what to do, the screen to watch films was messed up and kept selecting films we didn’t choose, twice I had to ask for it to be restarted and only one ever was it done. The staff do not know how to engage with children their all solemn and miserable, let’s just say they are nowhere near Virgin Atlantic standards they are appalling. And I was

Got to our stop off which was Istanbul where we had an hour transfer only for it to take 2hours 40 for us to get through passport control one we had and went to embark on our flight, we missed it. They even managed to give managed to give me someone else’s boarding pass. Then when they put us on a different flight it was some unheard of airline yet I paid for a Turkish Airline flight.
The food was terrible I wouldn’t give it to a animal let alone human consumption.

Coming back was far far worst got to the airport again a similar thing happened where a previous flight had not finished boarding but I didn’t have to wait so long as the had a desperate operator for those passenger, the operator I had printed my name completely wrong in my boarding past and myself and children told him thinking he corrected it he printed it and gave it to me this became an issue ones we had got to passport control at Istanbul.

The in flight entertainment was not working so for out connecting flight we had blank screens in our faces!!

He also have us seating all over the place for our connecting flight meaning my 4 year old would sit by herself 4 rows in front and when I challenged him he claimed the airport when we connect will change it.

Getting to Istanbul the passport control staff are very rude claiming they don’t speak English and cheekily laughing at me when I told him about the name issue and uttering in Turkish .

The ticket got changed and we went through at that point I was furious and wanted to get out that country, then when we where boarding and I pointed out to the boarding pass staff that my child would be sitting alone he told me all families are together and couldn’t change it so what about my family!

When he changed the ticket he still put my 4 year old to be sitting on her own a lovely lady who was sitting with her family but was in a seat next to my other children got asked by the stewards if she’s swapp so now she was sitting away from her family.

When given out drinks to passengers they fatally missed me and my children out and never offered us anything.

I couldn’t wait to get to Gatwick it was horrific flying with Turkish airlines and the fact every staff member is had ask for help told me they don’t know English, that’s a huge embarrassment they claim that.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE
Rude is an understatement!!!!

My actual holiday in Izmir was even more of a disaster my whole holiday to Turkey in Turkey flying with Turkish Airlines was a disaster they are all rude!!

3  Thank RBBlessed
Write a reviewReviews (30,487)

Reviewed 4 September 2019

They messed up our luggage and the responsible employees laughed in our face.
After arriving from Antalya our baggage was delivered to us in a V shape (literally - see picture). The guy at the feedback office was sitting there calm... um ... ok does the handle still retract?
Leaving out the stupid attitude and competences from the Otopeni - Antalya feedback crew they made a paper report and kicked us out of there... fine.
After my wife returned after a few moments later to ask the name of one of the 2 buffaloes they started laughing in her face.
I don't know... maybe some people are paid to be jerks... like this Nutu C. guy.
The adventure continues. I started my feedback process on their site and after a week of going back and forward they want the invoice for a trolley that was purchased a year ago. I will report this to the consumer authority but man this company has a lot of flaws: Yucky personnel, long delays, bad food.

3  Thank Bogdan D
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Warning ⚠ DO NOT EVER FLY WITH Turkish AIRLINES ❗❗❗ The worst airlines in the world. I am still waiting the feedback sent on Aug 18th and then Aug 22nd. You claim for receiving the feedback within 7 days. IT IS NOT TRUE! I am tired about your automatic responses: I APOLOGIZE, I AM SORRY, OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU SOON... STOP !!! I want a feedback right now from my request. How come you have a terrible service like this.
ALL, DO NOT FLY WITH THEM !!!!!

3  Thank sabino_gust
Reviewed 4 September 2019

the flight from Madrid to Istanbul has been great, the stewardess who was at the check-in was really helpful.
The seats were comfortable and the entertainment system was also above par.
The flight back from Manila (even though it was a 12-hour flight) has been a breeze.

Reviewed 4 September 2019

The flight was amazing and the crew was very friendly. We could watch a movie, a tv serie and play games :-)

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.