“a pleasant flight”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 21 June 2019

A surprising, pleasant and comfortable flight from Birmingham UK to Beirut Lebanon with a stop at Istanbul new airport. I was particularly impressed by their effective online booking and checking where information about luggage and seats are provided before you are asked to pay, and not having to find out these extra important information after you have paid as in most travel and airlines websites. However, I booked a window seat, but my window seat had no window on one flight!

Date of travel: May 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (30,409)

Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

I like Turkish Airlines more and more I have to say. This was my first long courrier with them. Two transits (Istanbul and Maldives) but absolutely no delays and waiting time for transit flights is just perfect (not too short to give us anxiety but also not long to lead us to exhaustion ).

Food is excellent.

I found a couple of stewards not smiley at all on the flight from Istanbul to Colombo. I mean you can't have everything but I still believe Turkish Airlines can do much better in terms of hosting.

Cost pretty fair. Booked two days in advance and price twice cheaper compared to KLM which was proposing a 24hrs trip vs 15 offered by Turkish Airlines.

And we love Sri Lanka by the way

Reviewed 21 June 2019

Food was OK, but seats a bit cramped,for an 11 hour flight.Service is good.And on time,lost my bag but was soon found and sent onto me with apologies.

Reviewed 21 June 2019

I am always concerned whenever I am left with few options flying to Istanbul. This due to continued BAD experiences with Turkish Airlines. However, left with no option we booked to spend a few days in Istanbul for a wedding. Three weeks before the outbound trip, Turkish Airlines changed the DAY of the flight, which obviously did not suit us. We rang the airline and were told that our flight was not cancelled but rather rescheduled due to technical issues that passengers would not understand!! Our ticket, therefore, was NOT entitled to a refund other than the taxes. As in their opinion the flight was simply rescheduled to a different day and not cancelled. And it was rescheduled for technical issues relating to passenger safety. Please, do they really think we are that stupid and naive. So convincing me that this is the last Turkish Airlines flight I will ever undertake.

2  Thank Len M
Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

I frequently fly with this airline, but during my last trip, I had a very bad experience. When we arrived at the istanbul airport, the plane attemted landing, it had almost landed, but suddenly it started to take off again. We were all terrified, and no body, I say again nobody from the crew didn't even say a word. After a long time that we were up in the the air, one of the flight attendants said just a little words...

Date of travel: May 2019
5  Thank Aydabhr
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.