“More than just great value”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I fly internationally quite a bit for work, and this was my first trip to the Middle East. I chose Turkish because they offered the most direct route for the best price and the shortest connection times. I knew they had a great reputation, but I was sincerely impressed by the value I received for the relatively modest fare (less than US$1,000 round trip in Economy): a comfortable seat with adjustable headrest and footrest, and better-than-average leg room; pillow; blanket; large headphones (not earbuds); amenity kit (lip balm, earplugs, mask, socks, slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste); and two full meals. The food was really good (which I had heard from others before), and the service was friendly, thoughtful, and consistent. The in-flight entertainment could have had more selections, but it offered quite a lot and worked beautifully (and included a USB port). Lavatories were consistently clean, and included Moulton Brown soap and hand lotion. I particularly loved the arrangement of fresh white roses near the main entrance! Overall a very pleasant journey. My flights between Istanbul and Amman were equally nice, if less elaborate (due to the short duration of under 3 hours). My least favorite part was Istanbul Ataturk Airport, which is overcrowded and has terrible (but free) wifi. It's a nice airport, but definitely past its prime, and is being replaced in October 2018 by a new mega-airport several miles outside the city. I will definitely fly Turkish again, and look forward to experiencing their new hub.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (30,402)

Reviewed 26 September 2018

After reading so many good reviews of the airline, I only found out that it is just a simple and ordinary airline. The services provided by the crews was nothing extraordinary. It served two meals on the Istanbul -Sin sector and no snacks/refreshments in between. As it was a night flight I skipped the first meal due to the tiredness, however when I woke up and felt like eating there was nothing to offer and have to wait till the next meal which was about two and half hours before landing.

1  Thank SKYONG
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We went from Paris to Jakarta and transit on Istanbul. When we were arriving Istanbul Airport, the plane almost landed however due to high turbulence, the plane did not landed and back to fly. Most of the passengers were scared and a little bit shocked for what just happened. For the second time, the plane tried to land and this time the pilots did it! All the passengers gave applause to the pilots for this. What an experience! Overall, this airline is good, the foods and the services are also very well.

2  Thank radilatujani
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I always fly with Turkish Airlines and I love them very much, they are so helpful and the foods are always amazing, come on, Turkish foods, who doesn’t like it

Date of travel: July 2018
1  Thank cpos0000
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The staff is good and helpful but there is only one type of food. I wanted extra orange juice and the steward gave it. The plane is not new but ok.

Date of travel: August 2018
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.