“4 flights in 4 weeks.... perfect... until..”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We've used their service for the first time and they do offer a somewhat better amenities than most other airlines in he same price range. With that said they're still some faults among the positives.

POSITIVES
Like most airlines they offer various ticket classes starting without checked luggage to offering 20kg - 30kg depending on location.

Free and good selection of modern movies, audio channels etc (on some aircraft types)
WiFi available on some flights at a fee.

Flying chef in business class.

NEGATIVES
Baggage allowances are not standard. We found that if we split a flight, the baggage allowance drops from 30kg to 20kg (even though it's the same flights and same days of travel). Contacted their customer service and they had no explanation as to why.
Speaking of customer service, emailed their customer service and took a total of 3 emails before someone finally replied 2 weeks later.

Lastly, as another reviewer here indicated. Their flight attendants seem to have issues with identifying / recognizing passengers. TWICE on the same flight a flight attendant served the passengers seated right next to me and acted as if my seat was empty and proceeded to other passengers.... did I mention .. TWICE!

Overall not a bad airline but a few things need to be addressed.
Full detailed review on our site.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (30,504)

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Flown with them over the years and i have to say, i love travelling with them..they are fantastic. Always friendly and fairly efficient service - i've never been disappointed with them as they always do their utmost to satisfy their customers ...there are a few other airlines that need to take note of their flexibility and service that comes at a fair price. Well done, i look forward to many more flights with your airline.

Date of travel: September 2016
1  Thank CarloS1099
Reviewed 29 May 2017

took KL to Paris and then London to KL. paid for window/isle seat. couldn't check in online for no reason. had middle seat instead for London to Istanbul, no one even care to try to help at all.

not too sure if it's because I'm Asian so when i asked for pillow it never arrive while all the Caucasians got whatever they request.

seats are horrible, can't recline much so you can't sleep much. reclining angle is as bad as asian budget airline.

staff never smile, maybe it's a turkish thing.

2  Thank SorensenL
Reviewed 28 May 2017

while I waiting in the terminal back to Taipei, I suddenly found out the tourist seems not going back to Taipei. They changed the terminal and the new terminal is in a totally different direction!!!
I think they should broadcast it loudly and let everyone knows that.
I almost missed my plane!

Date of travel: June 2016
1  Thank BPTaipei
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Worst airline ever ... i didn't get my bag when i reached athens (i was not the only one) and then there was no staff of the airline there and no counter or any number to call on ... the airport luggage people made a report and told me its a very normal and everyday thing with turkish and they leave luggage bags at istanbul during transit and i should expect my bag in the next flight. However when i did not receive my bag and the airport staff was so reluctant, i myself called their istanbul office where nobody took my call and then delhi airport office where they took my call and told me my luggage was there with them. So i tracked my luggage before the airline people could, thats how good their coordination is. So finally i got my luggage the next day as i made sure these guys would put it in the next flight by repeatedly calling them and making sure they don't be as reluctant again. The other services of the airline like food and courteousness is terrible and their staff is rude and reluctant with a very i don't care type attitude. They treat their flights to european desitantions like domestic flights and have very small bad and old planes in those flights (even dirty). I experienced these things in both my first leg to athens and while my return from milan. While coming back, they opened the counter only 2 hrs before with only one check in counter working and no online check in working on the website earlier so it was all a mess. I got so frustrated standing in a que for sooo long and missing all my duty free shopping from milan even after being 3 hrs before just because of these guys. Both the european connections were delayed. There were so many other small little things that just made me hate this airline in total. On my return, i again did not get my luggage and the same bag but however this time the airline was not at fault as two other girls accidently took my bag instead of theirs and later the airline staff helped me in getting my bag back (my reason for giving them more than 1 star).
I have flown with other middle eastern carriers as well as other european carriers to europe earlier and all my other past experiences have been significantly better than this. Please never fly turkish. The only other airline with staff even worse than theirs that i have experienced was china southern airlines. Hope this all helps.

3  Thank nipunj2015
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.