“My mistake to even try this airline”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Worst airline ever ... i didn't get my bag when i reached athens (i was not the only one) and then there was no staff of the airline there and no counter or any number to call on ... the airport luggage people made a report and told me its a very normal and everyday thing with turkish and they leave luggage bags at istanbul during transit and i should expect my bag in the next flight. However when i did not receive my bag and the airport staff was so reluctant, i myself called their istanbul office where nobody took my call and then delhi airport office where they took my call and told me my luggage was there with them. So i tracked my luggage before the airline people could, thats how good their coordination is. So finally i got my luggage the next day as i made sure these guys would put it in the next flight by repeatedly calling them and making sure they don't be as reluctant again. The other services of the airline like food and courteousness is terrible and their staff is rude and reluctant with a very i don't care type attitude. They treat their flights to european desitantions like domestic flights and have very small bad and old planes in those flights (even dirty). I experienced these things in both my first leg to athens and while my return from milan. While coming back, they opened the counter only 2 hrs before with only one check in counter working and no online check in working on the website earlier so it was all a mess. I got so frustrated standing in a que for sooo long and missing all my duty free shopping from milan even after being 3 hrs before just because of these guys. Both the european connections were delayed. There were so many other small little things that just made me hate this airline in total. On my return, i again did not get my luggage and the same bag but however this time the airline was not at fault as two other girls accidently took my bag instead of theirs and later the airline staff helped me in getting my bag back (my reason for giving them more than 1 star).
I have flown with other middle eastern carriers as well as other european carriers to europe earlier and all my other past experiences have been significantly better than this. Please never fly turkish. The only other airline with staff even worse than theirs that i have experienced was china southern airlines. Hope this all helps.

3  Thank nipunj2015
Write a reviewReviews (30,571)

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I flew TA from Istanbul to Muscat, should say it is the best out there. I have flown on almost all the world airlines and found TA excelled in many ways . The aircraft was pretty new with comfortable seats, good inflight movie selection and very good food. Above all the service was simply superb, the steward and stewardess were all smiling and immediately took care of our requests. It was heartwarming to see the stewardess being very friendly with small children, the smile was genuine and not a show. Haven't seen these kind of service in a long long time . Would definitely fly TA again.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

The staff were friendly and helpful. The meal they served was fine and they offer enough drinks. The space for seat was like many other airlines, not too spacious, not too tight. The quality of headsets they offer were awful. In one flight I asked for pillow but was not enough to offer me one.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Turkish airlines is one of the worst airlines I have ever traveled with. I would avoid this and try flying other airlines such as Emirates. No food, no professional courtesy from flight attendants.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank hosseinn2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

The station manager on my flight from Morocco to Tel Aviv stole money from my wallet, threatened not to let me on the flight, that they would harm me and arrest me if I did not give them all the cash in my wallet. They were terrifying and I'm going to file a police report, as i am still going through shock and trauma. I am horrified with how customers are treated and threatened.

What if I had been traveling with my daughter? Thank god I was alone and no harm could come to my family. They were dismissive, condescending, thieves.

Do not fly this airline!!

2  Thank LJ333
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.