“Sell options that they fail to deliver, asks the customer to complain!”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I was offered an option to pay for two aisle seats near the front, something my wife really appreciates. When we boarded the plane our seats were changed for non-aisles in the rear of the aircraft. Our two reserved (and paid extra for) seats, 4A and 4B remained EMPTY for the entire flight. I am a star alliance gold memeber. What about just giving a complimentary upgrade in such a situation? This seems light-years away from TAPs thinking. The customer has paid us for a service which we subsequently will fail to deliver. On top of that we will NOT refund the customer unless he fills out a very non-trivial form on our very obscure web-page. There we will ask mandatory questions like fill in a TP number, without giving any clues about what a TP-number may be etc. I fly a lot with Star Alliance, but I never have experienced a more arrogant and non-friendly (lack of) service than from TAP. Stay away from this airline!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (12,333)

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Flight from Miami to Lisbon, I had a very good experience. Flight is close to new and food services also good. Only took more time in check-in than average check in process at miami airport.
I like to give at least 4 star service to this airline. But return flight experience from Lisbon was not good.It was really old flight and outdated entertainment system. I never had such uncomfortable flying experience before in any international flight.
Positive side their crews are professional and taken care the requests very gently.

One more thing add up, this flight seats had foot rests ; that was very comfortable , in both flights.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We flew from Oslo to Lisbon, stayed a night in Lisbon and then headed for Boston on a Friday with TAP business in the new cabin with lay flat seats.
I had seat 5 G i belive. So my isle was always the last to get served. So on the pre-dinner drink round after take off, they were out of vodka and Gin. On the first round!The advertised white wine in the menu was also gone. They only brought one bottle. This was also on the first round! Needless to say they ran out of champagne after glass number 2. Our pre-ordered meat meal was not registred either.
No smiles or no service to see at all on board. The crew had no «energy», no refills, just walking through the cabin, no nothing. So this was a bad experience. Never again with TAP. I adressed these experiences to TAP in an email, no response on that either..
The Seat was good, that was the only good thing. Not a lot of room in business to stow the carry on.

4  Thank VirreVapp_1
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Nice airline. Nice staff, pilots always caring for the passengers to avoid turbulence... I always travel with TAP when I can!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I was very surprised at how well they service you at TAP, they provide you meals even on short trips. They have excellent customer service and a beautiful staff.