“Business class is very " average'”
Review of Swiss International Air Lines

Reviewed 21 November 2017

It is really not a very pleasant experience for this long flight due to the relatively small space in comparison with other major airlines I have taken. There are seats of different sizes and different prices for Swiss Air business class. I only found out too late when I board the plane. Flight attendants speak various languages except Mandarin, so it is not advisable for whose who speaks Mandarin only.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,263)

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

They maybe land on time but the way stewards behave is an example of how not to behave. They never smile. Very aggressive to the passengers. Its definitely an airline that i try to avoid

Reviewed 19 November 2017

So our actual itinerary was from CDG to SFO via ZRH but since CDG to ZRH was by Edelweiss and I was knocked out during that flight this portion is for the ZRH to SFO portion. I'd say the seats were a bit smaller/tighter than other airlines I've flown which for me was not that big of an issue since I'm 5'3 and not big but I can see why bigger people would complain. I noticed that flight attendants seem to be in charge of certain sections and the lady and man who was in charge of my section were always friendly and nice. On-board food was good and there was a lot of it. :D My flight was a 12.5 hour flight and I got one main meal, a sandwich, a hot-pocket like pizza, mango sorbet and various snacks throughout. They also served delicious Swiss chocolates. I think there was wifi but I never got mine to work. There was a decent selection of in-flight entertainment, fairly current and some older ones as well (think current like redbox/vudu selection). Their earphones they provide suck though so plan on using your own. The blanket they provide is quite nice though. Overall I thought it was a pleasant flight and would fly them again.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Booked through United Airlines; Due to mechanical issues, my whole itinerary was changed by United. I had pre-paid $60 for Preferred Zone Seats for ORD>Zurich>Venice. The Swiss Air US Customer Service will not help me regarding refund; they told me to call Zuich. I have sent three messages to Swiss Air regarding refund, no response. I did file a complaint with Swiss Air and did receive a confirmation. I plan to stay far away from Swiss Air since Customer Service is useless.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Swiss is probably the worst airline I’ve ever flown with. Not only had I an awful experience but was also surprised by how terrible their customer service is.

I usually have to fly every 2-3 weeks so I’ve had delays or cancellations several times in my life. I have never had problems reaching an agreement with airlines when claiming compensation according to what I’m entitled to until I flew with Swiss.

I was supposed to fly from Geneva to Madrid (LX2048) on Sunday 12th October. My first (and last) flight with this company was cancelled when I was boarding the plane due to “technical reasons”. Not only didn’t I receive any apologies from Swiss but it also took them 2,5 hours to change my flight to the next day (even though I specifically told them that I wanted to reach Madrid as soon as possible because I had to work on Monday 13th) and book me a place in a hotel. During all that time I wasn’t offered any drinks nor meals as EU Regulation 261/04 states.

My new flight was supposed to depart Geneva on Mon 13th at 17:55 hs but it was (again!) delayed 45 minutes.

So after arriving to Madrid more than 24 hs later than what I was supposed to and missing one day of work, I wrote to the airline explaining to them the situation and asking them for a compensation (250€ according to EU Regulation 261/04). They refused because they said that the flight was cancelled due to "unexpected flight safety shortcoming”, which is the worst excuse an airline can put not to pay a passenger.
According to the regulation EU 261/04, in case a flight is cancelled, passengers have right to:

Compensation according to the flight distance:
Distance Compensation
< 1500 km 250€
1500 - 3500 km 400€
> 3500km 600€ if 1 airport is not EU
400€ if inside EU

So if you’re thinking of flying with Swiss, DON’T!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank German R