“h\Huge disappointment flying this airline”
Review of Swiss International Air Lines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff and service was excellent. Cabin attendants were friendly and helpful.

Have a long list of complaints. Can't book my seats but 23 hours before flights. You plan a flight in advance, perhaps 3 months in advance and you have to have anxieties if you are going to have 2 seats together with the person you are flying with for this vacation....or they charge a fee per leg. Newark-Zurich-Florence and then another charge to return multiply by 2 seats for 2 passengers. I think $100 more all together!
Seats are terrible. Seating cushions are so thin. and leg rooms is for short people only. When person on front of you slide seat back a few inches "for comfort" the front seat is close to your nose...and I am not exaggerating!
On my way back, the display for the "on board entertainment" did not work.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Swiss Air in both directions, going east the flight crew was inexperienced and fumbled over itself. Flight west the flight crew was fine. The seats in both directions were terrible! The biggest problem was how far the seats reclined, which was a lot. If the guy in front of you reclines you are toast. You can forget using your computer or tablet. In fact, it is so tight that we had to squirm to get out of the seat to use the bathroom. eating while the guy in front of you was reclined was... difficult and not comfortable. Beer and wine were not good, food was average and.. there are still entertainment boxes on the floor between seats taking up foot space. The width of the seats was narrow though I will say the seat was generally supportive. Do not believe the Swiss Air ads that they treat you well, unless you book first class. For comparison, I flew Delta's A330 2 weeks before and it was much more comfortable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I`ve had only bad experiences with this company in last 10 years...however this one was not bad at all. I booked a flight to Zurich from NY, no other alternatives in that day so i was forced to choose Swiss.
Web check-in went smooth, no problems at all.
I must say that i was prepared for usual "luggage harassment" during boarding but nothing happened. They did not stopped anybody for luggage size-weight check as they`re doing regularly in Europe.
Plane was clean - and looks like new- and flight attendants tried their best. In flight entertainment system had average quality, nothing special.
Cannot talk much about food since i never eat on board but i must say that attendants repeatedly asked me if i need something - that`s something unheard on short flights in Europe.

Overall, a quite shocking (for me) pleasant experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew on Swiss flight LX 0179 from Singapore to Zurich on Oct 17, 2017. The cabin crew was efficient but not friendly. On-board food was good and they served very nice Swiss chocolates. There was a limited selection of in-flight entertainment, when compared to my first choice airline for my travels, Singapore Airlines. However, I had anticipated this and pre-loaded my Ipad Pro with the movies I wanted to watch. Interestingly, looking around the cabin, I noticed that many were watching their own devices. This makes me wonder why airlines bother to provide entertainment options when their content is not current?

Overall, a comfortable flying experience. However, I felt they dropped the ball on arrival at Zurich Airport. Not one smile from any of the cabin crew as we were disembarking. I counted at least six crew members that I walked past, as I was leaving the aircraft and six lost oppurtunities to say goodbye and leave the passing with a warm and fuzzy feeling. The cabin crew either ignored you or gave a perfunctory goodbye, with no eye contact - let alone a warm smile. The only difference was the air hostess at the exit in First Class, who looked tired but still managed a genuine smile and a cheerful goodbye.

The impression I left this flight was " we deliver efficient service but not personable or friendly service." What a shame - if only they could combine efficient and pleasant service, passengers would leave with a better impression and sing their praises.

3  Thank edmund_nicholas
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

By faults of Swiss my luggage doesn’t arrive to my arrival airport -even my connection was more than 50min.
By faults of Swiss I have to wait 24 hours for my luggage to be delivered to hotel.
My luggage was damaged and sun glasses were missing.

I’m very disappointed of customer care by Swiss airline

1  Thank Katty K