“Could use some newer planes”
Review of Sunwing Airlines

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Flight Down was ok, delayed departure from YYZ, and the flight attendant wasn't too enthralled. The service was ok and the pilots did a good job. The plane itself was a little older and it showed.

The flight back was delayed however it was a newer plane and the attendants were more attentive.

good old faithful Sunwing.

Cheers
Nick S

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
SunwingAirlines, AD | Social Media Agent at Sunwing Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sunwing Airline.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your travel experience with Sunwing. We continuously aim to rise above and beyond our customers’ travel expectations to ensure that they are satisfied with their vacation packages from the moment they board our flights, to their pleasant return back home. Your feedback and satisfaction are greatly valued.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Sunwing Airlines once again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,755)

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Quite satisfactory for a package holiday. Comfortable and did notice the plane was very clean. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful to passengers with small children

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sunwing Airline.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your travel experience with Sunwing. Your feedback and satisfaction are greatly valued. We will certainly be passing on your kind words to the respective department.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

First time in my adult life taking a vacation, so I was pretty new to the flying experience. My father, my sister and I were heading to Cuba for a week, and booked our all-inclusive package through Sunwing. Our flight boarding was later than expected, by about a half hour. Not a great start. There was a problem with the seating I booked ahead of time, I suppose my payment didn't go through, and I took it up with the help desk. Apparently my selections were not processed or something, so the seats I booked a week ago were taken and the best they could do to keep us together is give us the back row in front of the bathrooms. What really made it uncomfortable was how cramped it was, a pretty uncomfortable experience. Lots of turbulence flying out on a clear sunny day, which made me nervous, but it's no one's fault. Plane didn't seem to be in spectacular shape on the interior. I didn't find the flight attendants to be particularly helpful. It was difficult to understand the captain, and the plane food was gross and ridiculously priced (we brought our own snacks too, thankfully). Plane interior was kind of roughed up looking, old. The pamphlets and books were crumpled and used, garbage in the seat pockets, there was no movie, headphones or blankets offered. Just crappy commercials for Sunwing playing on the nearest screen three rows ahead. Filling out the Visas on the tiny trays was difficult, especially when we were warned any mistakes made, you'd have to purchase a new one for $20, AND they provided no pens so anyone who happened to have one had to share with the whole plane. The experience through Pearson checking in was all smooth, but I wasn't looking forward to the return flight home.

The Sunwing reps at the hotels didn't offer much new information, but our in particular was very helpful one-on-one. His name was Raphael and he gave us little notes on our excursions for what to bring and how it will go, we really liked him. He took some heat from other tourists who booked through Sunwing and had complaints, they were pretty mad at him but he just happened to be the poor guy working that day. He was very reasonable and rational handling both the unhappy travellers and our needs.

Return flight went much smoother, all considering. I was nervous because there was a plane crash (different airline, different destination) the day before our departure from Cuba, and on top of it, the Saturday we were to fly had an unusually severe thunderstorm. Some other flights were delayed, but ours wasn't. The staff were very friendly and courteous this time, which I appreciated since I was sick and the people seated in front of us were obnoxious, they didn't mind telling them to cut it out on behalf of everyone trying to sleep. This plane was much newer. The lighting was not as harsh, the screens were better spaced and visible, and they had a movie to watch. We were offered headphones and blankets for a fee, and there was no visible wear-and-tear on the seating. Same crappy Lynn Crawford frozen meals. We somehow got the seats by the emergency exits which I understand normally people pay extra for the legroom ("Elite"?) which was nice but not a huge improvement from any other seat -- I'd expect all the seats to be like that. Overnight flight, departed and landed late yet again. Checking back through Pearson was a breeze. I wouldn't want to fly Sunwing again if I had a choice.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly regret hearing of any disappointment with the services provided by Sunwing Airlines. We completely understand the effect an experience like this causes on your overall vacation as a lot of time and effort goes into planning one.

We continuously aim to rise above and beyond our customers' travel expectations with Sunwing therefore, your feedback is greatly valued and will be shared among the applicable departments.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I have never done a review for sunwing airlines, I am not sure why but we have used this airline 3 times before and every time, either we left extremely late or we came back extremely late. We were a little nervous about using sunwing again but we decided to give it a chance and this time they lost my husband’s luggage and he was with no clothes and personal things for 3 days which was extremely difficult to do, the sunwing representative was very nice and compensated us per day but still it was very inconvenient.

2  Thank EQH

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sunwing Airlines.

We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your trip. We completely understand the effect an experience like this causes on your overall vacation as a lot of time and effort goes into planning one.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We recently had the pleasure of enjoying two flights with Sunwing Airlines and found the service to be excellent. We had the misfortune to be seated in front of a lady who had problems both coming and going. The flight staff bent over backwards to keep her happy and I couldn't help but feel sorry for what some of these flight attendants have to put up with...but cabin crew member (Una) was totally professional and helpful at all times. I would happily recomment Sunwing Airlines. The food was fine - except for the chips - my advice avoid the chips!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
SunwingAirlines, AD | Social Media Agent at Sunwing Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018