“This is the worst airline ever!!!”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 27 September 2022

This is the worst airline ever!!! In less than 24 HOURSSS THEY CANCELLED MY FLIGHT without any rebook options!!!! There is no respect for the user! Never again!!!!!!!

1  Thank 896vivianad

Reviewed 27 September 2022

The new form of scam. Watch out!

I booked a flight and purchased a seat. I pick my seat and paid. They sent me an email confirmation with all the details and a breakdown of what I paid AND the SEAT I selected. Everything okay at this point.
The day of my travel arrives, it’s boarding time and the ticket attendant tells me I have no seat because “my payment” for the seat didn’t go through, when I paid flight and seat in the same transaction. I speak to the manager and tells me I have to buy a seat if I want to be seated on aisle. Trying to avoid conflict and get on my way back home I paid for it.
Got home just to find out full payment went through flight+seat. Called Customer service and agent insisted that they can’t refund me the second time I paid for a seat because it shows that the purchase of my first seat never went throughout. Now, on their system very conveniently they can’t see a breakdown of what you paid for, they only see full amounts therefore they assume your full amount it’s only Flight and taxes.
Pay attention to the add ons and keep your receipts. It will help you when opening a dispute with your bank.
This happened to me and three other travelers in the same flight.

1  Thank cristinasG6073UF
Reviewed 26 September 2022

I literally had $450 flight modified to $58 flight and I still had to pay for the luggage, they made me wait on phone line for a 3 hours then they hang up and didn’t even call me back please don’t make this mistake and book a flight with them the worst company in the world.

1  Thank 85mamukab
Reviewed 26 September 2022

My Flight was for tomorrow. I spent 7 hours trying to contact customer service to make a change and finally gave up. This airline is a scam. Fly United or American or Southwest or some other carrier.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Unhappy261
Reviewed 26 September 2022

Someone gained access to my reservation and made changes. I was assessed a $300 fee. I have been disputing the charge for five weeks. They were supposed to get back to me in 24-48 hours. We are now at five weeks, and they cannot provide any updates. On top of the fee, this a complete violation of privacy. You cannot get any information on the phone, and the chats keep disconnecting. The flights weren't cheap to start with. We will never fly Spirit Airlines again!

Date of travel: August 2022
1  Thank nancymX2968SL
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.