“Lack of accountability.”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 6 July 2022

Terrible experience flying from California to Michigan. Just under 10 hours of delays was supposed to land at 7:30 in Michigan and didn't get home till 5:30 a.m. the next day. Was also put on a later flight leaving Las Vegas without notification until the next day. Compensation was calluses at 50 dollars. That's just insulting. I will pay the extra to a company that values there customers.

1  Thank I7860YJryanl

Reviewed 6 July 2022

Mechanical issue hallened to plane after we boarded they didn't allow us to deplane and met a very rude manager who told us either to get off flight or stay in flight.
Mech issue wasn't fixed and flight got delayed 10 hours. We have a connecting flight that also got delayed by 12 hours. Total delay of around 20 hours.
Terrible customer service and terrible delay

1  Thank 568ghaitha
Reviewed 6 July 2022

I’ve been contemplating this review for several weeks. My family made a 1300 mile move from Ohio to southern Florida at the end of May. It was decided that it would be best to fly our nine year old daughter down a couple weeks after the almost 20 hour drive with a uhaul pulling a car trailer.

We purchased her plane ticket as well as paid for a chaperone that I was assured would be with her the ENTIRE time.

I was so upset at the process of getting her from the gates that took place at MIA with Spirit representatives, that once my daughter began explaining HER experience to us I was even more upset to learn her details.

She explained that once on the plane the flight attendants sat her in a seat on the back of the plane and their “private” area was behind her. She said that no one sat with her and she was thankful to have the nice family sitting by her to talk with during the flight. Which made sense when said family was exiting the flight, these complete strangers knew exactly who I was because of their hours of conversation with my baby girl.

If you need to trust your child in the care of a chaperone with an airplane company DO NOT TRUST SPIRIT airlines. I was informed someone from the company would be reaching out over our concerns but have still not heard from anyone.

Date of travel: June 2022
1  Thank BarberBeauty413
Reviewed 5 July 2022

Spirit has truly done it for me as a passenger! On Friday June 1sty family and I were traveling from Orland FL to New Orleans. We did the usual check in online 24hrs before and then headed to the airport. Upon arrival our flight was delayed by 15 mins, no big deal. Between 6pm- and 11pm our flight had be delayed 4 times. Now being a father traveling with 4 minors ( one with down syndrome), decided well we can't just sit at the airport we might as well make the 10 hour drive. As we go about our travels we get an alert our flight was scheduled to take off some 2.5hrs later. I tell the family not to worry we'll just enjoy a road trip. I reach out to Spirit customer on June 5th and was told in order to receive credit/ refund for my flight I need to provide proof of my child's mental/ physical condition. They customer service agent then tells me well only the child with the disability was checked-in for the flight. Well thats odd, because the young lady who book the flight at the ticket counter in Tampa advised me that her name was showing on both reservations, waa because we decided at the last minute to add her to our trip. No problem and this is how their (Spirit) system is setup. No im a little upset that I am being told, I have to reach out to a physician to have him/her document my child's disability in order to be compensate for the flights that were delayed due to the airline. We are not seeking any additional compensation just the refund of the money spent for our flights. The Spirit agent advised me they need documentation to process this. This is completely sad to me that as a parent I need to disclose this !!

1  Thank 973kareems
Reviewed 5 July 2022

Spirit was the easiest airline to deal with when it came to a medical need that cropped up after we had booked our flight. My family was super excited to go on our first beach vacation when my wife's pregnancy condition kept her from going. I was apprehensive about talking to the airline, so I wrote them an explanation. The staff was very prompt and accommodating, verifying that what I was saying was true (rather than simply writing me off, which they certainly could have done.)

They really worked with my family to ensure we didn't incur an undue burden from the trip and I am extremely grateful.

Date of travel: June 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.