“Cancelled Flight, Lost Baggage, Horrible Customer Service”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 5 July 2022

This was my first experience with Spirit. Our flight was cancelled at the last minute and the next booked for 10p the next day with no accommodations made. When we finally arrived at our destination, they lost my husband’s bag and couldn’t get it there until midnight the next day. We had to purchase items in the interim to get him by and we were told at the airport that we could submit our receipts online for reimbursement. However we were never given the needed claim information to file despite calling and emailing multiple times. Here we are 2 months later still trying to get reimbursed. Their customer service takes weeks to respond and is never helpful. I can never speak to anyone who knows what they are doing. I would never recommend Spirit Airlines and I will never fly them again.

Date of travel: May 2022
1  Thank Q3146POsarahl
Write a reviewReviews (25,054)

Reviewed 5 July 2022

Good experience. Worth every penny. Saved me from getting fired. Thank God they didn't delayed the flight.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

Spirit airlines delayed a flight due to “weather” didn’t accommodate and left unaccompanied minors alone and terrified. Said next flight was in 24 hours. They quite literally abandoned this poor girl who was only 17 in Vegas because of their mistake. Me and my dad originally thought we’d save money flying spirit but we had to dish 800 dollars out to get tickets home so my dad could teach his class. I would never recommend spirit and think it has show an almost criminal degree of negligence and apathy.

1  Thank Noah s
Reviewed 4 July 2022

So you might book this flight thinking they are cheap but they have hidden charges. They do not even give you basic glass of water. I forgot to take water bottle from airport. Just was thirsty and wanted a glass of water..that is also chargable sndeed up buting a 3.5 $ small bottle.

BAGGAGE: every damn airline I have few through gives 50 pounds on check in bag… asuming that I brought a bag for 50$ one way and got 46pounds… had to pay extrq 50$ as they only allow 40 pounds…

So 200$ for 50 pounds a domestic flight. absolutely not done
Never going throgh spirit again…

1  Thank 860priyankas
Reviewed 3 July 2022

Traveling for 2, this flight experience was a good one. we purchased the big seats and had enough space for the trip baltimore to Baltimore. The stewardess were very helpful once we boarded. The flight was smooth and relaxing. We were running late and the bag check attendant helped ease our transaction.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.