“Essence Festival”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 5 July 2022

Good experience. Worth every penny. Saved me from getting fired. Thank God they didn't delayed the flight.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

Spirit airlines delayed a flight due to “weather” didn’t accommodate and left unaccompanied minors alone and terrified. Said next flight was in 24 hours. They quite literally abandoned this poor girl who was only 17 in Vegas because of their mistake. Me and my dad originally thought we’d save money flying spirit but we had to dish 800 dollars out to get tickets home so my dad could teach his class. I would never recommend spirit and think it has show an almost criminal degree of negligence and apathy.

1  Thank Noah s
Reviewed 4 July 2022

So you might book this flight thinking they are cheap but they have hidden charges. They do not even give you basic glass of water. I forgot to take water bottle from airport. Just was thirsty and wanted a glass of water..that is also chargable sndeed up buting a 3.5 $ small bottle.

BAGGAGE: every damn airline I have few through gives 50 pounds on check in bag… asuming that I brought a bag for 50$ one way and got 46pounds… had to pay extrq 50$ as they only allow 40 pounds…

So 200$ for 50 pounds a domestic flight. absolutely not done
Never going throgh spirit again…

1  Thank 860priyankas
Reviewed 3 July 2022

Traveling for 2, this flight experience was a good one. we purchased the big seats and had enough space for the trip baltimore to Baltimore. The stewardess were very helpful once we boarded. The flight was smooth and relaxing. We were running late and the bag check attendant helped ease our transaction.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 July 2022

Spirit canceled the connecting flight at MCO due to weather inclement, but all the other airlines were still flying. First they said mechanical failure so a delay with uncertain timeframe, then they canceled saying weather inclement.
Without our permission, they rebooked our flight to the following day. I explained to the customer service against on ground that my wife had an appointment the following morning so we need to fly out that day and be at LGA. They said there’s nothing they can do. We were flying from Texas all the way to NY to see this specialist for her brain issues. She was high risk and needed treatment asap. After hearing our story, the customer service agent, without any remorse or empathy busted out by saying it’s not their fault so they don’t have to do anything for us. I ended up paying $1300 to fly with Delta so we can make it to the doctor’s appointment.
Week later, I called Escalation Department to check on my refund, which the agent at MCO didn’t put in properly. We were shown as no show and no refund was going to be given. The supervisor I spoke with a week later submitted for the refund and we got partial refund a week later. However, the supervisor advised that I email the corporate office about paying the extra $1300 to fly with Delta and they’ll be able to accommodate or reimburse the airfare.
Long story short, they gave me $50 Spirit Airlines credit per person, totaling $100. It was ridiculous. They are fishing me in to fly with them again so I can use the $100 credit.
Spirit Airline needs to get lost. Under any circumstance, they don’t accommodate their customers. It’s all about them making money off customers and not giving anything in return.
Never fly with Spirit!!!
Pay the extra couple hundred and fly with other airlines that are trustworthy. SPIRIT IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY!

Date of travel: June 2022
2  Thank joshuay684
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.