“The worst experience of my life”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 24 May 2022 via mobile

I will never fly Spirit Airlines as long as my buttock point to the floor. This past weekend I missed my flight relying on Spirit. When referencing Spirit the old cache apply, you get what you pay for or nothing from nothing leaves nothing. The customer service rep and on-site manager was horrible. They couldn’t even buy a clue. They were inconsiderate and nonchalant to my problems. To rectify what happen, they wanted to provide me with a flight credit. Why do I need a flight credit if I have no desire to fly with them ever again. Call the 800 number and spoke with a supervisor and I thought I was talking to two year old. This has left a sour taste in my mouth. This was the worst experience of my life. The flight are cheap, but look at all the bs that comes with it. Next I plan on writhe corporate office. They need to shut Spirit down permanently. I will take a horse and buggy the next time I need to somewhere. I will probably have less hassle and still get there on time.

1  Thank Patricia H
Write a reviewReviews (25,070)

Reviewed 24 May 2022

Let's start with the seats are very uncomfortable they have no padding in the back the flight attendants really don't check on you they talk a lot to each other like they don't want to do with you and when you buy a ticket from the actual airlines and they mess up they expect you to come out of pocket with more money and when they hear somebody coughing and sneezing they do not make them put a face mask on now I'm sick five and a half hour flight..... Do not fly with spirit...

1  Thank N7740XMjoshuas
Reviewed 24 May 2022

From bwi Baltimore at spirit airlines two female employees was very rude was getting smart when we try to get help your customer service sucks then when we was coming back from las vegas airport we arrive 2 hours early before the plane left to come back to Baltimore they were two new employees at las vegas airport and when we ask them to assistant us me and my friend they didn't assist us and made us miss our plane when we been there and told us to go to the wrong line the lines was extremely long and then when we went to the right line we miss our flight then after we miss our flight due to the new employees giving us wrong information we then went to a supervisor at vegas airport this was on may 18, 2022 the supervisor was very very rude and told us that we had to re booked the flight after we told her it was your employees fault she didn't care and was very rude all she was concerned about was the money to re booked the flight then we ask her can we have hotel voucher and food voucher and she said no we dont give hotel voucher with a ATTITUDE and when i ask her for the corporate office number she said they dont have a corporate number she said we have to email them and it takes 30 days to respond we was VERY UNHAPPY AND DISAPPOINTED AND THIS was my FIRST time FLYING WITH SPIRIT AND I WILL never FLY WITH YOUR AGAIN YOUR CUSTOMER SUCKS AND NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH AND WHEN WE DID CALL CUSTOMER NUMBER NOT CORPORATE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE KEPT HANGING UP ON US WHEN WE WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION I will NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO YOUR AT ALL i will definitely be using southwest from now on out

3  Thank 795kashannab
Reviewed 23 May 2022

I selected Spirit Airlines for the first time as they were the only company offering a direct connection between Milwaukee and Orlando. I booked 4 seats on 1/25/22 for $1,262 with their bundle (not really a low cost, that’s OK for a direct connection) and for a trip scheduled on 5/13-18/22. They then changed the flights 3 times including the day of return on 5/18 to 5/19. When I asked to change my itinerary to get back on my original schedule, I was told that that flight on 5/18 was cancelled and so I had to pick up Chicago instead of Milwaukee, which I have accepted. The fees for editing my itinerary were $752 for the 4 seats (60% of original price, plus cost of rental car). Back home, I contacted their customer service but got no resolution except an offer for 2 vouchers of $50 that I have declined. I do not recommend SA. While I understand that changing itinerary may imply fees, I would also expect that when the carrier is responsible for that change, they would waive those fees, call it courtesy or simply respect of your customers.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Philippe G
Reviewed 23 May 2022

Awesome flight and Crew!!!!!! I got nauseous on the flight and the Crew jumped into nurse mode!!! They made sure I was cared for, each member came to my assistance the entire flight even leaving the plane their level of concern is amazing!!!!! May I add: the passengers in my row were caring as well!!!! Not only does Spirit have a caring Crew ,their actions causes the passengers to be thoughtful and helpful!!!!
I'm afraid of flying but do to the Pilot's professional skills with guiding the plane and effortless touch down, I'm looking forward to my next flight with Spirit Airlines!!! Up,up and away!!!!

Date of travel: May 2022
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.