“Never spirit. Disgusting service, fake advertisement, unprofessional and illegal practices”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 22 May 2022

I wish I could give this people 0 stars. I work for the fort lauderdale international Airport came in to New York for the weekend with my wife. These people not only delayed my flight but they also canceled and they just don't care, the only option was either refund or credit. Like you have to be kidding me!!! On top of that they told me in my face they won't pay any stays of additional fees because cancelation is due to weather. I called my colleagues in fort lauderdale Airport and there were no cancelations for weather, it wasn't even raining in fort lauderdale. So not only I lost a day of work but an additional $300 and they just don't care, they refuse to be responsible for the inconvenience or the additional fees!!! This is gotta be a joke. Un real, unbelievable how unprofessional and disrespectful these people are. Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this airline!! Pay a little more you'll see this is not worth it at all these guys are just in denial and they honestly don't give a crap about anybody. Now I wonder why they have lots of 1 star reviews

Date of travel: May 2022
Write a reviewReviews (25,072)

Never fly with spirit.
Let me tell about my experience with spirit.

I was traveling for work with spirit airlines. So my return flight was on a Sunday from Atlanta to New Jersey. It was scheduled at 5 pm -7pm approximately. That time i did not have any connection flight of any sort.

Soon before the travel date they informed me that there is a change in the flight. They changed the flight to 8pm and I would reach my destination the next morning. So I asked them ok please give me any flight in the morning as all of their flights was showing they would start 7, 8 pm and reach the next day.

So my flight was scheduled in Sunday morning . I went to the Atlanta airport early in the morning as they mentioned everyone should be there 3 hours before the flight. Before reaching the gate I got to know the flight is running 30 minutes late. Then we kept waiting at the airport. So the flight was scheduled at 9:30 am at first and now it was 10:03. I though that is alright. 30 minutes late is a not a big deal. Then it around 9:45 I saw no one boarding. I went near the gate they said flights new time is 10:45am. I said ok fine. Then when I saw at 10:30 am there is no boarding going on. I asked them what is going on. They said a flight attendant did not come. So the flight will not start at 11:30 am. Meanwhile i was worried what will happen to my connecting flight. They said that, they will rebook my flight after I reached the connecting airport. So I reached the connecting airport at florida.
After landing in florida i got a email that my flight which was 1:20pm to 3:25pm from florida to New Jersey has been rescheduled the next day at 9pm. So now they want me to travel on monday 9pm.

I tried to talk to help desk and trust me their customer service is worst. No one knows nothing. i asked them if i had to stay in florida where would i stay they just snubbed that this is not their responsibility. Meantime, i was trying to call spirit helpline for hours and hours, they would just put me on hold and sometimes they would say their connecting me to their supervisor and the call got disconnected. And sometimes when I connect to their supervisor they would note down my number and say I would get a call by 30 minutes for possible solution and no one would call.

Now it is 7 pm Sunday whole day has past and they are saying I would have to go back to Atalanta at 9pm. Wait whole night at the airport and then tomorrow morning has to go from Atalanta to New Jersey at 6:30 am.

I just hope I can go back home soon. I had very important meetings on monday. All ruined by this stupid, good for nothing airline and its employees.

Never in my life i had such a horrible experience with an airline. I am just moving from airport to airport for more than 28 hours.

Reviewed 22 May 2022

This is a great airline for getting from one place to another. It is no frills. Everyone flying Spirit should understand that there is no entertainment or free beverage service. You can always bring your own food and drink. The seats are comfortable and much better than economy on American. The extra legroom seats are less expensive than any other airline I have used.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 May 2022

Impossible to change the ticket online. I got ghosted by the "chat" feature online. Then called, got transferred and hung up on twice. I have just wasted $250 and will never attempt to fly this airline again.

Reviewed 22 May 2022

ELderly 69 year old stranded by Spirit, I was suppose to leave on the 21st, they cancelled my flight and offered the next available flight on the 25th leaving me stranded in Vegas for 4 days.

I dont have any more medicine left , I only receive SSI now I have to pay extra expenses to survive and trying to get another flight at the last second is going to be nearly inpossible or cost thousands. Don't ever fly this airline I will now have to contact a attorney as spirit is refusing to help me.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.